XYone Therapeutics is seeking an experienced, creative and motivated scientist to join a team of experienced scientists in a fast-paced and science-focused company. The successful candidate will be involved in multiple aspects of the production and validation of recombinant antibodies, monoclonal antibodies, and novel protein modalities aimed at treating solid tumor and leukemia. The in vivo biology Research Associate will help build pre-clinical discovery programs and perform functional characterization studies to support the discovery efforts for our early-stage programs advancing our pipeline toward the clinic.Responsibilities:
- Support in vivo pharmacology studies with disease models and conduct in vivo drug efficacy studies to support the development of antibody therapeutic.
- Culture and maintain cancer cell lines for experimental needs.
- Develop and perform in vitro assays, to check the activity of antibody-based therapeutics.
- Develop and execute immunological assays including ELISA, cytokine production, cytotoxicity and proliferation.
- BS or MS in biology or a related discipline with 2+ years of laboratory experience.
- Proficiency in basic laboratory techniques.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture, maintenance and propagation of cell lines is required.
- Proficiency with mouse in vivo handling skills, including administration of test articles by sc, ip and iv injections, implantation of tumor and/or immune cells, and collection of blood and tissues.
- Diligence in documenting work with electronic lab notebook and understanding of the importance of data integrity.
- Team player who collaborates and communicates effectively in team environment.
- Experience with stable cell line generation, FACS sorting and/or experimental design of cell-based assays is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and GraphPad Prism.
XYone is a start-up biopharmaceutical company at Canton, MA founded by leading Harvard Medical School investigators. Development of top class immunotherapeutic for cancer and endocrine disorders using cutting edge technologies is the mission of our company. Our team is passionate about improving patients' lives through innovation. It offers challenging, inspiring, and collaborative environment.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits.