We are looking for a sharp Sr. Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
to join our team in our Northern CA offices (San Francisco, Berkeley, San Jose). We are a well-established, highly respected environmental consulting firm based out of California. We work on a wide variety of Industrial Hygiene, Health and Safety, as well as Environmental Air, Water, Waste Permitting and Compliance projects, across a diverse range of California industries and locations.
We offer a friendly, high performance, team-oriented work environment where professionals can grow amongst their respective peers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
This is a full-time position from one of our Northern CA offices (San Francisco, Berkeley, San Jose) during our normal business hours. We offer a full benefits package including Paid Time Off, Holidays, Full Medical/Dental/Vision, along with a 401k with company match. Position Summary:
The Sr. Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
reviews, evaluates, and analyzes work environments and is responsible for designing policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulations on workplace safety, health, and the environment. They will also design programs to prevent disease or injury to workers and damage to the environment and provide training to clients.
This candidate will be analyzing regulatory required compliance and technical issues, communicating those analyses within Yorke, with clients, and with regulatory agencies, providing project management leadership and support to project teams, and performs other duties as required or assigned.
This is an experienced level position working under general supervision. Positions at this level are assigned to perform the more complex and sensitive duties in the occupational field. As a Sr. Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
you will also help to provide staff mentorship and training, and peer review for junior-level staff. The candidate qualifications we are looking for include:
- 8-15+ years of experience as a Safety Specialist or Environmental Health and Safety Professional, preferably in a consulting environment;
- Ability to work in an organized team fashion with a track record of strong written and verbal communication to develop schedules and task requirements, uphold quality standards, and drive the team towards project completion;
- Analyzes and ensures regulatory compliance as they relate to workplace health, safety, and environmental policies for our clients, this includes local, state and federal level regulations;
- Ability to perform safety, environmental, or occupational health inspections for compliance with established policies to identify potential new hazards;
- Familiarity with various monitoring and sampling methods, procedures, and techniques used in collecting and testing related to air, dust, odor, and noise monitoring;
- Experience in developing and supporting an efficient EH&S Management System on behalf of clients' sites;
- Experience with different facets of EH&S services such as:
- Job Hazard Analyses;
- Personal Protective Equipment;
- OSHA Regulations;
- ISO 140001;
- Industrial Hygiene Monitoring and Reporting;
- Ergonomics Evaluations and Reporting;
- Experience in Lockout/Tagout (LOTO);
- Illness and Injury Prevention Plans (IIPP);
- Training on new regulations;
- Experience with other multimedia and environmental services with a focus on:
- Hazardous Waste and Materials Compliance such as CalARP, SPCCs, HMBPs, CERS and TRI Reporting;
- Extensive experience with process, manufacturing, and/or other industrial facilities;
- Ability to manage multiple clients at any given time without losing focus of quality;
- Proven track record of successful regulatory work in dealing with regulatory agencies.
- B.S. degree or higher in Public Health and Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Chemistry or any other relevant degree from an accredited university (minimum GPA of 3.0);
- Project Management experience and/or experience in supporting project teams;
- Well-developed technical expertise in Health & Safety rules and regulations;
- Experience with other environmental services related to air quality and multimedia compliance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Analysis, interpretation, and application of rules and regulations towards practical solutions;
- Capable of working independently in the field;
- Ability to think critically and develop solutions;
- Advanced computer applications, database management and strong Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access abilities;
- Field experience and ability to travel to client sites;
- CSP or CIH Certification highly preferred.
Company DescriptionWe are a growing and dynamic organization of highly respected professionals. Yorke Engineering, LLC has assisted over 1,400 client organizations with their Air Quality and Environmental Compliance, Engineering, and Permitting needs. Our philosophy is to efficiently help government and industrial customers with the complex array of environmental laws and regulations. From simple permits to complex agency negotiations, from small companies to the largest of California's organizations, Yorke successfully solves our clients' Air Quality and Environmental challenges. Our staff of 50 technical specialists has over 1,000 years of combined environmental experience and consists of engineers that specialize in Air Quality, Waste, Water, CEQA, Safety, and Industrial Hygiene.