Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.Primary Objective
Assists management and provides support of Environmental, Health and Sustainability activities and programs to ensure achievement and maintenance of regulatory compliance.Major Function and Scope
Experience and Knowledge Required
- Develop and maintain Sustainability Records/Documentation for all Dal-Tile Division facilities
- Receive/review monthly Waste-Recycle Reports from manufacturing plants
- Obtain and maintain Utilities consumption records for manufacturing and distribution facilities
- Compile Dal-Tile Division quarterly summary reports
- Support efforts for certification of Dal-Tile manufactured products to national and international Standards for Sustainable Tile.
- ISO 17889 Standard for Sustainable Tile
- Evaluate each D-T manufacturing plant (US and MX)
- Determine the rating/score for each product/plant
- Work with plants to ensure appropriate documentation is in place
- Work with TCNA and ULE/SCS to develop 3rd Party Certification program/procedures
- ANSI A138.1 Standard for Sustainable Tile
- Work with Tile Counsel of North America (TCNA) to modify A138.1
- Responsible for data and activities relating to how Dal-Tile products support LEED/Green Building projects
- Respond to LEED information requests
- Customers: Architect/Design Firms, Individuals
- D-T Customer Service Inquiries
- Determine recycled materials content of products
- D-T manufactured products (body formulations)
- Sourced products (work with Product Managers to send/receive LEED info request)
- Work with marketing IT to get information uploaded to websites
- Support the Industrial Hygiene for D-T manufacturing plants
- Perform workplace exposure monitoring for noise and silica
- Obtain, prepare and submit samples of products for analyses (silica, asbestos, metals)
- Regulatory Compliance support activities
- Assist with comprehensive Environmental, Health and Sustainability assessments of manufacturing plants.
- Review local, State and Federal Environmental and Industrial Hygiene regulations.
- Compile/enter data & reports for US plants: Emissions Inventories, Toxic Release Inventories (TRI), Tier II Inventories, GHG emissions
- Create and maintain environmental data bases
- Laboratory analytical results, Stack test results, Stack parameters, Emissions factors, Production data,
- Performs other related duties as required and/or directed by the Director - EH/S and Dal-Tile Senior Management.
Preferred to have bachelor's degree in technical/scientific field or equivalent training. Previous experience with local, state, EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations is a plus.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Environmental, Health and Sustainability compliance responsibilities, preferably in a manufacturing company.Competencies
Ability to prepare and manipulate technical data for accurate results. Ability to effectively communicate ideas and knowledge to appropriate levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing. Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply results effectively. Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision. Proficiency in Excel and Word are mandatory. Proficiency in PowerPoint and Access is a strong plus.Other Pertinent Job Information
Limited travel is required.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.