Job Profile SummaryABOUT US
Our ambition is to be a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero carbon. Our innovation and engineering community will be key to making this a reality. We have a vacancy for a Microbiologist working as a member of the Technology Deployment Team working with the Sr. Technical Support Team Leader.
The Applied Sciences team operate a range of state-of-the-art laboratories and research equipment around the globe. Our Wayne, NJ laboratory conducts research, development, deployment, and technical service activities to support bp Castrol automotive and industrial lubricants businesses. Job Purpose:
The Technology Deployment Microbiologist provides microbiology expertise for routine and non-routine Technology Deployment applications of water-based lubricants. The microbiologist provides support to product development and formula modification while providing technical expertise, application support and testing services to aid the business in biological related investigations.
Job AdvertKey Accountabilities
Essential Criteria & Qualifications
- Maintain database with relevant information about formula modification projects, customer trials and related microbiological data generation.
- Develop and maintain appropriate records of formula, process methods, product specification standards.
- Lead all Microbiology routine and non-routine work, including all Technology Deployment customer and formulary work.
- Assist with microbiology needs within the Applied Sciences business as required.
- Collaborate with the Microbiology teams globally.
- Assist the formulation team with formulary analysis via microbiology challenge testing; in regard to bio-stability of all metalworking fluids for raw material replacements, security of supply, new formulas, global reformulation for the U.S. region, etc.
- Efficiently analyze, recommended, and report all customer investigations pertaining to biological issues.
- Maintain and develop laboratory capability to meet current and future business needs as appropriate.
- Maintains instrumentation and laboratory equipment in assigned area to ensure to ensure they remain available and reliable.
Why join us
- Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related technical subject area
- 2-3 years' Experience in microbiological laboratory techniques
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills and experience of working with diverse cultures
- Knowledge of Industrial Lubricants, their composition, manufacture, and application
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
EntityInnovation & Engineering
Job Family GroupResearch & Technology Group
Travel requiredYes - up to 10%
Time TypeFull time
CountryUnited States of America
About BPINNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
Legal disclaimerIf you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at PeopleCareHouston@bp.com; or by telephone at 833 478 7480 8am-5pm CST/CDT Monday-Friday.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement