Job DescriptionThe Role
DNA Electronics (DNAe) is a dynamic company integrating cutting edge sequencing technologies with novel biochemical techniques to create a revolutionary sample-to-answer sequencing platform. We are seeking a strong individual to contribute to the DNAe team. The right candidate will be self-starting, detail-oriented, and able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.Responsibilities:
- Perform experiments and procedures in accordance with guidance from supervisor or from written protocols
- Documenting, reporting and presenting results of experiments and procedures
- Following work instructions and SOPs, documenting procedures as required by ISO 13485 quality management systems
- Assisting in maintaining laboratory supplies, sample inventories, and equipment
We are looking for people with a passion for their work - people who strive for exceptional results, but who can deliver pragmatic solutions on time. DNA Electronics' scientists and engineers enjoy and thrive on working in an interdisciplinary team but can also work independently and use their own initiative. The ideal candidate also likes to contribute to solving problems outside their field of immediate expertise and is an effective communicator.Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree plus 2-4 years' experience in applicable life sciences with an emphasis on Microbiology and Molecular Biology.
- Experience working in a BSL-2 environment with pathogenic bacterial and fungal organisms
- Experience with culturing, identifying, and enumerating microorganisms
- Experience with DNA isolation and quantification
- Experience with performing PCR protocols and interpretation of qPCR results. NGS workflows is a plus.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
DNAe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.