Goals of Position:
This position is for an experienced educator and program coordinator who will assist with the planning and delivery of both adult and youth environmental education programs facilitated by the Overbrook Environmental Education Center (OEEC). This team member will coordinate with subject matter experts to provide meaningful experiences for students, teachers, and the general public. The overall goal of this work is to inspire an ongoing interest in the living world, local ecology, healthy living, and to teach skills for climate adaptation, environmental justice, stewardship, and sustainability.
This is a part-time position and may include virtual, on-site, and off-site sessions. Possible evening and weekend hours.Responsibilities: Coordinate with external educational partners, and other program staff to assist in the planning and delivery of curriculum linked programming and nature centered OEEC initiatives.Assist in the delivery of environment and/or climate education programs.Ensure a safe and enriching learning environment for all program participants.Ensure that all educational tools, materials, and displays are available and in safe operating condition at all times.Assist in the maintenance of outdoor educational tools such as, weather and air monitoring stations, high tunnel green house, pollinator garden, orchards, food garden, nutrition programs, green stormwater management, compost clinic areas and other related duties as assigned.Provide content and administrative support for OEEC's Community Educational Programs.Coordinate OEEC grant funded green collar, maintenance, GSI and workforce development programs. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintain records of all project meetings and activities
- Serve as educational liaison amongst partner sites and OEEC
- Provide administrative support for curriculum development
- Conduct site visits
- Track progress and prepare reports as needed
- Support OEEC's communication strategies
Education and Experience
- Minimum completion of a four-year program in science, technology, engineering, math and/ or education (alternate combinations of education and experience will be considered).
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting, designing education programs for adults and/or school age students with a proven ability to conduct clear, engaging, and effective environmental programs from pre-school to secondary level.
- Graduate Degree (preferred) or a combination of 6 years of education and/or relevant experience.
- Very well organized and able to work independently and as part of a cooperative team.
- Ability to be flexible and make confident decisions quickly.
- Proven experience with local native plants, wildlife, and ecosystems.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of conditions.
- A positive, professional, and cooperative attitude and a willingness to learn new skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the environment, community, and economic development through previous work and/or volunteerism.
- Knowledge of climate and environmental issues, especially in the areas of environmental justice, waste reduction, conservation, alternative energy, and climate change.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion principals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and content facilitation.
- Demonstrated leadership with youth and a proven ability to motivate and engage groups of youth and/or adults in a learning environment.
- Demonstrated presentation/workshop delivery skills to various audiences.
- Eligible for State and Federal Child Security Clearances and First Aid/CPR.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity, tact and good humor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment; ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to understand and support grant funded projects.
$42K - $49K (Part Time)To apply, send cover letter and resume to:
Overbrook Environmental Education Center