Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we're developing packaging that's infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position
Directs and is responsible for the plant environmental, health and safety (EHS) function. Ensures the plant EHS function meets Ball's overall environmental health/safety plans and objectives, driving the organization towards outstanding safety performance.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe/secure work environment.
- Leads/implements the development and administration of plant environmental, health and safety processes, such as accident investigations, corrective actions, safety inspections/audits, lockout/tagout, confined space, hot work permits, etc.
- Drive best in class safety culture change initiatives and behavioral based safety programs with a zero incident focus.
- Partner with BPNCA Leadership and Corporate EHS team to drive IS0 14001/OHSAS 18001 plant level initiatives.
- Manage environmental programs and activities associated with regulatory compliance in accordance with Ball policy.
- Develops and facilitates training on EHS initiatives, Department of Transportation compliance topics, and required OSHA/ environmental training.
- Drive procedures regarding labeling, storage, spills or disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Understands and remains current on environmental requirements.
- Compiles data, prepares and submits required regulatory reports.
- Provides, maintains and monitors all environmental, health and safety management activities including, but not limited to, SDS files, hazard communication program, environmental educational programs, hazardous waste program, hazardous materials program, air program, storm water program, wastewater discharge program, etc.
- Timely and effectively communicates with Ball personnel and federal, state, and local authorities on environmental, health and safety compliance issues.
- Serves as point of contact for agency, company, community environmental, health and safety inquiries,.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with all aspects of the facility's emergency contingency plan.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years(s) minimum
- Significant experience with OSHA (Including Voluntary Protection Programs) regulations and principles.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant environmental operations techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow Ball company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct.
- Strong facilitation, communication, and change management skills
- Working knowledge of the following areas: environmental regulations, legal practices, OSHA requirements, environmental principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, and company policies, procedures, and products.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 78,400- $ 117,415 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans