HSE ManagerWhy join us?
Our New York team is growing! We are seeking HSE Managers
for large scale aviation projects in the NYC Metro Area. This role manages the program Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems (SMS/EMS), and the supporting documentation and processes. Works with the Commercial Director and the business to develop and document best practices that ensure conformance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, as well as provide a culture of continuous improvement. The role is based at our NY Office or client office location during program preconstruction stages, but is anticipated to be located full time at John F Kennedy International Airport and reports to the program Construction Program Director
This is a full-time position with Faithful+Gould that comes with the opportunity to prove your true potential, provide expert services on world class projects, work and collaborate with professional services experts, and receive an attractive compensation package with robust benefits.About Us:
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in integrated project and program management consulting. We provide expert and professional management consulting services on a wide range of interesting and iconic projects with many high-profile clients across key business sectors and industries that include several Fortune 100 companies and notable Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by Engineering News Record (ENR). Faithful+Gould was established in the U.K. in 1947, with its first USA office opening in 1992. We embody Constructive Expertise - It's in our DNA!How will you contribute to the team?
What will you contribute?
- Ensures that current ISO 140001 certifications are maintained in the US.
- Ensures that current OHSAS 18001 certifications are maintained in the US.
- Reviews and updates all key documents and contacts on the portal pertaining to SMS/EMS.
- Works with SMS/EMS Reps to research all possible legislation applicable to US business as well as individual office locations.
- Develops and implements plans specifically focused on improving the understanding of SMS/EMS to ensure continuous improvement.
- Develops and implements plans to extend the current SMS/EMS to other offices consistent with top management direction.
- Develops tools such as safety and environmental plans and SMS/EMS training modules that support Faithful+Gould's business processes and ensure consistency throughout the US.
- Coordinates with global partners throughout the business to achieve consistency in implementation of the SMS/EMS and its supporting processes.
- Coordinates with office teams and auditors to ensure the certified business processes are audited both internally and externally to demonstrate conformance with ISO and OHSAS standards.
- Develops and implements an overall schedule for achieving the internal and external audits above to measure performance at all certified offices and within the corporate business structure.
- Communicates with office teams and US staff to facilitate the broader understanding of the SMS/EMS and its role in the overall business.
- Consults with the Commercial Director to influence corporate QSE policy and system management.
- Consults with the QMS Manager to facilitate archival of all QMS documentation and access to documentation through the US portal.
- Supports US staff in the implementation of the SMS/EMS including best practices, audits, training, communication, or other areas as necessary to ensure conformance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, safety management, environmental management, business management, technical management or a related field, plus five years varied construction experience with exposure to several different business sectors is required.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
- Some knowledge of and experience with implementing ISO 14001 principles, OHSAS 18001 standards, and/or the Deming Cycle is required. Experience in developing processes and procedures is required.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision- making abilities.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to influence teams of people that are not direct reports while promoting team spirit.
- Must have ability to work independently without day to day supervision, while maintaining a focus on achieving the SMS/EMS objectives.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- OSHA 30 Certification is required. LEED AP Accreditation is preferred.
- Must have previous experience on large scale construction programs. Experience with aviation projects and/or programs withing the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's jurisdiction is highly preferred.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays.
- Group Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Strong team of expert, professional peers to mentor and grow with.
- Opportunity to work on projects of various sizes and levels of complexity for globally renowned clients.
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program.
At every stage, we have the right support and training to help you learn and acquire what you need to succeed. We seek results-oriented problem solvers, creative thinkers, and performance-driven professionals who are ready to work on exciting projects and rewarding opportunities as a part of their exceptional career.Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould's Equal Opportunity Statement here:
https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statementFaithful+Gould cares about your privacy
and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies Faithful+Gould mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law .