New England Biolabs (NEB) is seeking an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Manager to oversee the EH&S programs at all of the companies facilities located in Ipswich, Beverly and Rowley MA.Employment at New England Biolabs (NEB) offers a challenging and creative work environment in a state-of-the-art research and production facility, with a team of exceptional scientists and professional staff. The NEB culture emphasizes personal and professional growth through creativity, teamwork, respect and responsibility, while maintaining a casual campus-like working environment. Our unique corporate philosophy encourages dialogue and innovation. From our founding principles - placing the advancement of science and the stewardship of the environment as our highest priorities - to our unique corporate culture, NEB's philosophy can be distilled down to three core values: passion, humility and being genuine.Primary Responsibilities :
- Develop/manage the safety program at all Massachusetts NEB facilities.
- Develop/manage the ISO 14000 (Environmental Management Systems EMS}) program at all identified NEB facilities.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local statutes and regulations.
- Maintain chemical inventory and emissions data.
- Develop/manage safety related documentation and policies, including oversight of NEB Safety Data Sheets and REACH.
- Collaborate with laboratory and production personnel to ensure that required safety programs are established and supported.
- Ability to lead complex investigations across the sites; ensure that all EH&S related incidents are reported and investigated to determine root cause.
- Help establish and implement corrective actions and make recommendations for areas needing improvement; track corrective actions to completion.
- Develop/manage personnel protection equipment (PPE) program supporting laboratory, production and maintenance activities.
- Establish and manage metrics for internal reporting - continuously improve data integrity.
- Perform site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site.
- Develop/support safety programs required for projects.
- Conduct formal risk assessment for new and existing manufacturing raw materials and chemicals operations.
- Inspire a culture where employees at all levels take ownership for safety. Engage employees in safety initiatives to eliminate or control safety hazards and reduce risk of an injury or chemical release.
- Ensure that all EH&S-related committees and response teams are established and effective.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences, environmental science, or engineering discipline; master's degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in production and laboratory operations within the biotech/biopharma industry.
- Strong communication, technical writing, interpersonal, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Professional certification: CBSP, RBP, CIH strongly recommended.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
- Demonstrated ability to determine training needs, organize and/or conduct training.
- Experience interacting with outside regulatory agencies.
NEB currently requires all employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires must be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment. NEB will consider requests for reasonable accommodations, as required by applicable law. EEO StatementNew England Biolabs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community; as an EEO/AA employer, New England Biolabs considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. More in-depth details of EEO are available here.Information regarding New England Biolabs commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion can be found here.New England Biolabs is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-927-5054 to let us know the nature of your request.