Richmond, Virginia is home to many American historical sites including St. Johns Church, Hollywood Cemetery, and the VA Capitol Building. Richmond Employment Commissions says the top five jobs in demand include Nurse Practitioners, Personal Care Aides and Home Health Aides. Whether you are looking to relocate or are a current resident, job opportunities in Richmond are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is seeking a talented Structural Biologist to plan and carry out structural characterization of crucial drug targets. We are looking for applicants who are passionate, driven, and ambitious to help improve patients' lives.
Structural Biologist Responsibilities:
- Develop computational strategies to guide the design of biotherapeutics with improved biological properties and developability characteristics
- Perform all relevant steps of the gene-to-protein process, including construct design, expression, purification, and protein characterization
- Participate in protein engineering efforts to optimize variable and constant domains of antibodies
- Manage CROs for gene synthesis, protein production and other tasks as required
- Maintain a current understanding of relevant literature, methodologies and technologies related to protein chemistry and structural biology as well as to specific drug discovery projects
- Protein expression of various antigens and antibodies in multiple expression systems (mammalian, insect, yeast, and E. coli)
Structural Biologist Qualifications:
- PhD in Structural Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry or a closely related field, with a background in chemistry
- A demonstrated track record of scientific publications
- Deep expertise in protein crystallization and X-ray structure determination of protein-ligand complexes
- Experience in protein chemistry, structural biology (preferably NMR or electron microscopy), binding assays, peptide arrays, molecular biology including handling eukaryotic cell lines for protein production
- Expertise in antibody modeling, homology modeling, sequence and structure analyses, and large molecule developability prediction
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and maintain good working relationships