Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 124389 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day consists of working in a global organization, continually learning and collaborating, having stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions! If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile...every single day.
In today's dynamic environment, it is an exciting time to be a part of the research and technology team at Colgate. Our highly technical and innovative team is dedicated to driving growth for Colgate Palmolive in this ever-changing landscape. What role will you play as a member of the Colgate's Research & Development team?
As our Research Scientist
, you will have expertise applying bioinformatic and statistical tools to enable the analysis of shotgun metagenomic, transcriptomic, proteomic, metabolomic, and immunologic pre-clinical and clinical data. This scientist
will interpret and translate microbiome data into insights to better understand host-microbe interactions, identify and monitor changes in health/disease biomarkers, and aid in the development of new therapeutic products with the goal of improving the diagnosis, treatment and outcome of patients with oral and skin conditions.
What you will do
- Collaborate with wet lab scientists and clinicians on study design and analysis to develop and optimize new analytic approaches using NGS technologies
- Develop methods, tools and models to analyze large genomic datasets to identify biomarkers of health and disease, the mode of action of actives, and propose pathways and targets for further computational and biological validation
- Monitor literature for new computational methods and tools to incorporate into internal pipelines
- Explore novel data visualization tools, with emphasis on integrating diverse data types or sets
- Effectively interpret and communicate sophisticated scientific results to both technical and non-technical partners from a diverse group of backgrounds
- Present findings to internal R&D community & management teams, conferences, and to detail findings in technical reports and/or external publications
- Identify and lead collaborations with external partners
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Master's Degree OR Doctorate Degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Data Science, Microbial Ecology or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of and experience with common Bioinformatics databases, resources and tools coupled with strong handson experience working with large-scale Genomic (e.g. RNA-Seq, DNA-Seq) Proteomics and Metabolomics data to provide mode of action and Molecular pathway target info, understanding of pathway/network analyses and Gene regulation
- Solid understanding of statistical methods relevant to large scale analysis of Biological data sets
- Proven ability to work within a collaborative research team and effectively interact with a broad range of researchers from distinct fields
- Strong communication skills, and excellent team working ability, able to handle several projects at a time
- Familiarity with Array Studio, IPA, Galaxy environment, cloud computing resources such as AWS, R/RStudio, and interactive visualizations
- Experience with Command Line Tools and Scripting Languages such as Python, Perl or Ruby
- Knowledge of Oral and/or Skin Biology and Microbiology
We are a results oriented company with a caring culture and work life balance. Do not miss the chance to join our outstanding team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom's of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate's global business, visit the Company's web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill's Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom's of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.