Rich's, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich's is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich's®-Infinite Possibilities. One Family.PURPOSE STATEMENT
This Environmental Health & Safety Specialist is responsible for the effectiveness and proper management of Occupational Safety and Environmental Programs. This position is the direct interface between associate's safety activities and management teams.
The EH&S Specialist will develop and build strong professional working relationships with the Plant Department Managers, Regional EHS Manager and Plant Manager.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/OUTCOMES
- Plant Leader of the Plant Safety, Health and Environmental Programs, provides guidance to plant department managers and their teams.
- Develops and implements site-specific policies and procedures within Corporate EHS and Plant Manager guidelines.
- Conducts safety and regulatory audits of the facility, evaluating compliance and identifying areas for improvement, communicates findings directly to the Department Manager and to the Plant Manager as requested.
- Oversight of departmental and plant activities to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring all the Plant regulatory permits are up to date, directly responsible to monitor and ensure permits are renew and uploaded before due dates.
- Leader of the Accident Investigation Team, utilizing root cause analysis techniques to investigate and prevent similar incidents.
- Leader of the Plant Safety Committee, responsible for overseeing a 3 shift Safety Teams and their activities.
- Create and follow up to Safety Work Orders, tracking and reporting for effectiveness
- Manages plant Workers Compensation and Corridor of Care (Back to work) programs.
- Proficient knowledge of OSHA's Recordkeeping Standard 29CFR1904, Accident Reports, 300 Log & Form 301, keep logs up to date and maintains 5 prior years of documentation.
- Ability to effectively interact with medical clinics, nurse case managers and carrier representative concerning medical restrictions
- Any other duties assigned by manager.
Strong knowledge of: OSHA/EPA regulations applicable to the General Manufacturing Industry.
Experience working around Manufacturing Equipment and familiar with Industrial Engineering Principles.
Knowledge of specific State Workers' Compensation Laws and Regulations.
AA degree in sciences or other manufacturing fields required, must have a minimum of 5 years working experience in a manufacturing facility and a minimum experience of 3 years on the Environmental and Occupational Safety field.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
High proficiency utilizing Microsoft Programs, Word, Teams, Excel, Visio, Power Point and others. #earlycareers #IND123 #LI-RT1
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Rich's"), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich's. Please contact Rich's Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.