Job Description Company Overview:
Robotic Research has provided vehicle autonomy solutions for over 20 years and is a global leader in self-driving technology. Our AutoDrive® autonomy kit is designed to tackle the industry's greatest challenges from GPS-denied environments to mixed-traffic and unpaved roads. The commercial division, RR.AI, works with trusted OEM partners to deliver these autonomous solutions across the United States, Canada, Australia, Europe, and Saudi Arabia. The defense division of Robotic Research designs and implements solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of logistics, enhance situational awareness, and save lives by extending the warfighter's reach through transformable robots, automated vehicles, and GPS-denied localization devices.
We offer a fast-paced environment where innovation comes first, and a breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and interests are highly valued. We are leading this dynamic revolution in technology with team members throughout the U.S including our main offices in Clarksburg, MD and San Antonio, TX.Citizenship Requirements:
Due to the type of information accessible in this position, all applicants must be U.S citizens and nationals, lawful permanent and temporary U.S. residents, and lawful asylees and refugees. Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position. Position Responsibilities:
The Director of Environmental Health and Safety will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Tele-work Opportunities: Travel Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Masters degree desirable.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Travel may be required (up to 10%)
Robotic Research is excited to offer the following benefits:
- Company holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid time off
- Competitive medical, dental & vision plans
- 401k contribution plan with up to 4% match
- Employer paid short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Relocation reimbursement for qualifying situations
- Dog Friendly Office!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discretional annual bonus and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
All benefits are subject to change. Please discuss with a member of the Robotic Research HR team for details.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a thorough background screening and drug test.Diversity and Equal Opportunity Statement:
At Robotic Research, we don't just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop and retain curious & highly qualified individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, cultures, skills & perspectives. Robotic Research is committed to building a diverse team and is proud to be and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.