About Mantra Bio
At Mantra Bio, we seek to eliminate disease-related suffering to enhance the well-being of all. We believe that the key to creating cures is targeted, tissue-specific delivery of therapeutics for dramatically increased efficacy and reduced toxicity. To achieve this, our team of biologists, data scientists, and platform engineers have created REVEALTM, a targeted cargo delivery platform that harnesses exosomes, the body's natural cellular transport system, to create highly tunable exosome therapeutics for some of the most devastating diseases. The foundation of our success is our truly interdisciplinary team of experts who work collaboratively to use the power of data science to fuel and accelerate our wet-lab successes. As a team, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Collaboration and consider our human-centric culture to be our most important asset. We are proud to count 8VC, Viking, Illumina, Allen & Company and TenCent among our investors. Mantra Bio operates out of a newly constructed facility in South San Francisco.
Mantra Bio is seeking an experienced senior RA / scientist to join our RNA team to develop exosome RNA packaging and quantification methods. You will be a key contributor to our exosome therapeutic programs that span both early R&D and preclinical IND efforts to develop life-saving RNA therapeutics.Our primary goals for this role:
1) Optimize assays to quantify and validate the functionality of RNA loaded exosomes in vitro
2) Design and execute cell-based in vitro experiments to identify leading therapeutic candidates.
3) Collaborate with in vivo scientists to transition these candidates to testing in animal models. To be successful in this role you bring in-depth expertise of RNA biology, particularly around RNA trafficking and processing, and you have a proven track record of successful RNA centric assay development and experiment design.Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Quantify and validate the functionality of Mantra Bio's exosome RNA packaging technologies in in vitro assays before handing them off to other teams for manufacturing scaleup and disease model applications.
- Optimize new, innovative assays for quantifying and analyzing RNA and RNA-protein interactions in cells and exosomes.
- Optimize methods and analytical tools that advance our understanding of RNA structure, RNA-protein interactions, and the biological activity of RNAs delivered via exosomes in collaboration with our RNA and Data Scientists.
- Collaborate with our Data Science and Engineering Teams on models, algorithms, and tools to accelerate and improve RNA characterization and engineering.
- Plan, prioritize, and coordinate tasks across multiple projects.
Mantra Bio's Culture:
- In-depth expertise of RNA biology, particularly around RNA trafficking and processing.
- A proven track record of successful RNA assay development and experiment design in drug development.
- 2+ years experience of developing innovative tools/assays for manipulating, quantifying, and analyzing a variety of RNA species.
- MS degree with 5+ years experience (SRA) or PhD degree with 2+ years (Scientist) experience in a drug development setting.
- Experience with RNA extraction, QC assays such as Nanodrop or Bioanalyzer, RT-qPCR and electrophoresis required
- Experience with next-gen sequencing assays strongly preferred.
- Experience with RNA-protein interactions preferred.
- Excited about working with a data-driven team and collaborating with research scientists, data scientists and platform engineers.
At Mantra Bio, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Collaboration. We take pride in being a human centric, collaborative work place that brings wildly intelligent and business savvy Top Talents together to build the next revolution in targeted drug delivery. We believe that a great team makes a successful company and we trust each team member to do what's best for the organization. We believe that a culture of feedback in an environment of empathy and respect is essential to cultivating curiosity and learning, leading to personal growth and the growth of our organization. Most importantly, we love handing out Kudos, being creative and celebrating our success together. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Benefits:
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Meaningful stock option grants
- Flexible PTO and year-end shutdown
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Growth-oriented professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen