Vice-President of Discovery Biology - Woburn
I'm working with a cutting-edge start-up based in the Greater Boston Area who are looking to add a VP of Discovery Biology to their team as part of their expansion project. The company has built proprietary RNA-targeting platforms that leverage our deep knowledge and innovative ideas in data-driven genomics, computational biology, highthroughput screening, medicinal chemistry, and disease pharmacology.Role Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a cutting-edge discovery biology group, and drive internal target discovery and validation, assay development, and screening effort.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the company's target and lead discovery platform and the delivery of therapeutic programs into internal pipeline.
- Provide in vitro biology and pharmacology support and collaborate with other drug discovery functions to advance preclinical programs and achieve company milestones.
- Expand the external network of advisors and consultants, and establish deep domain expertise in cancer, neuroscience, and other relevant therapeutic areas.
- Set goals and milestones, communicate scientific findings effectively to potential collaborators and investors.
- Ph.D in Biology or Pharmacology with minimally 10 years of relevant drug discovery experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Track record in developing small molecule drug discovery programs, from target identification to IND filing.
- Broad knowledge and experience with techniques and approaches applied to target ID, validation, screening, pharmacology interrogation.
- Strong disease domain expertise in oncology, and preferably knowledge in genome biology and RNA regulation.
- Experience in building and leading high functioning discovery research team.
Please apply directly on LinkedIn or via email to email@example.com.