Who We Are:
MicroSource (www.microSourceLLC.com) is a best-in-class manufacturing company specializing in premium plant nutrition products to fulfill the ever-growing demand for global food production. MicroSource is a wholly owned subsidiary of Gavilon Fertilizer, LLC (www.gavilon.com), one of the most influential companies in agriculture today, being a multi-national firm with over 100 years of history. Gavilon/MicroSource has owned and operated the Shakopee, MN location for over 30+ years. We are considered one of the fastest growing agriculture companies in the Twin Cities area today. Job Summary:
The position will lead, direct, and provide support in all process safety, environmental, safety & health, DOT, and Rail programs for a fertilizer production and distribution facility. Working with the operations team, this individual will provide facility level guidance, leadership and support related to serious injury and fatality elimination, people/property risk mitigation and regulatory compliance. Additionally, this position will interact with corporate-level environmental, health and safety (EHS) staff to develop, improve, and execute successful regulatory compliance initiatives. Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for leading and directing all facility-specific health, safety, and environmental policies, procedures, and training including but not limited to RCRA, PSM, RMP, Tier II, TRI reporting, stormwater and air permitting.
- Active member of the company corporate EHS team, and engaged and involved with corporate EHS personnel to represent the needs of the production facility.
- Align corporate, regional and local EHS goals and strategies.
- Work directly with corporate Operations, Safety and Environmental groups to assess and monitor OSHA/EPA, DOT, Rail compliance across all facility operations.
- Responsible for tracking, documenting, and completing necessary regulatory submittals for compliance with facility environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Review proposed/new regulations for content and develop new or incorporate into existing safety, and health policies, procedures, training, and programs.
- Review projects to ensure scope of work meets company minimum design requirements for safety systems and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for defining the scope of work with relation to Contractor safety, environmental and safety.
- Continually seek out opportunities to capitalize on the technological advancements and breakthroughs to enhance hazard controls, operational efficiency and safety compliance and execution across the company.
- Work with workers compensation, Third Party Administrators, and Risk Management team to ensure expeditious handling and resolution of claims
- Assist with entry and management of safety incidents, near misses, inspections, corrective actions, and assessment information using electronic record keeping system
- Preparing an ongoing strategy for Health and Safety will be a recurring objective for this position, which will focus on continued transformation and optimization of the safety culture.
- Educates, trains, and provides support to operations in the development and execution of DOT, Rail, and EHS.
- Minimum of B.S. Safety, Environmental, Engineering or related field; should include course work in safety management, and environmental regulations.
- Applicable EHS certification(s) (e.g., CSP, CHMM, CIH)
- 5-7 years progressive safety, health, and environmental supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of anhydrous ammonia handling and storage is critical to this role.
- Process Safety Management (PSM) technical knowledge desired.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and defend with regulators.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Analytical/comprehensive approach to risks.
- Self-starter with proven track record of delivering on results.
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Intelex (or similar electronic management system) experience desired.
- 5-10% travel