Department: Environmental, Health & Safety
Job Title: Environmental, Health & Safety Intern
Reports to: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Type of Position:
The internship program at Freshpet is designed to provide students with a learning experience that will give them an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge. The student will be provided extensive hands-on opportunities with a goal of applying what has been learned during their coursework to the working environment.
The responsibilities of the EHS Intern will include:
- Assist in developing/reviewing/revising safety and health programs, systems and procedures.
- Assists in monitoring/assessing hazards in the work area.
- Recommends improvement in processes, design, procedures and equipment to minimize hazards
- Works with others to investigate incidents
- Participates in workplace inspections and observations
- Assists in data collection and input of environmental, health, safety and training records
- Performs basic/routine duties in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the EHS standards along with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be currently pursuing a degree and remain fully enrolled in a 4-year college or university during the duration of the internship.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Safety & Environmental Health or related field
- Fundamental understanding of OSHA General Industry standards
- Rising Junior or Senior preferred.
- Self-starter, works independently, takes initiative.
- Flexibility: performing wide range of tasks, accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking ability with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0