The Environmental Services (ENS) Global Practice of Burns & McDonnell is currently seeking an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance Specialist to support our Chicago and Midwest operations.
The position requires strong regulatory and technical understanding of facility and corporate-level environmental permitting/compliance support, including EHS multi-media compliance auditing, environmental site assessments, developing and preparing Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) plans, Facility Response Plans (FRPs) and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs), hazardous waste management (RCRA), federal and state EPCRA reporting, and providing facility-level training. Must also have familiarity with developing, implementing, and auditing environmental management systems. Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science or related degree from accredited program.
- Minimum 3 years related consulting experience providing professional environmental services is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and desire to conduct technical research, expand technical knowledge basis, and remain current on new regulations and market trends
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work within a Team framework
- Report writing experience
US-IL-Downers GroveOther Locations
Yes, 50 % of the TimeReq ID: