Environmental Specialist- Cedar Rapids, IA
This is an exempt level position.Job Summary:
Environmental Specialist serves as a resource to the Cedar Rapids site in coordinating daily activities to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulatory requirements. Assists in the review, revision, and oversight of the various environmental plan implementations.Education and Experience:
Essential Job Functions:
- BS degree in Environmental/Engineering/or related subject area preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an environmental compliance role required
- Previous industrial facility experience preferred
- Development and implementation of an environmental management system (EMS)
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs, with emphasis on Excel
- A working knowledge of environmental regulations with an emphasis on air, waste, water/wastewater management, and hazardous material handling/storage
- An understanding of Environmental Management Systems (EMS), similar to a ISO 14001-ready program
- Assists with the implementation and sustainment of the EMS program
- Works closely with plant management, operations, engineering, and environmental groups in developing strategies or solutions to environmental issues
- Works closely within the operations and engineering groups to ensure environmental compliance of existing and/or new equipment
- Interacts with plant personnel to collect/verify routine data necessary for environmental reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Assists in Title V and PSD permitting activities associated with the site
- Compiles environmental reports for the complex, such as Title V, Emissions Inventory, TRI, CEM reports, GHG reports, etc.
- Interacts with environmental consultants and/or regulatory agencies as required
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of process unit operation and their respective emission control devices
- Identifies environmental needs and requirements and ensures that such are considered in the development of new equipment or facilities
- Serves as lead on various environmental projects including pollution prevention, pollution control, and compliance testing
- Conducts required and as needed environmental training to plant personnel and contractors such as Storm Water Pollution Prevention, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure, Spill Reporting, Hazardous Waste, Risk Management, and others as assigned
- Maintains records or data files as supporting documents for compliance
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety training requirements
- Familiarizes themselves with the hazards in their work area and how to protect themselves and others
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.About ADM:
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.EEO
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.Ref ID