At SVC we give you the flexibility to take care of yourself. We offer a hybrid work environment for team members working both from our offices and remote opportunities to focus on results then take time off when needed. Some options may look like: 5x8s 4x 10s or 4x 9s with a remote half day on Fridays. And your weekends are always YOURS!
This position offers the selected candidate to work hybrid in either our Gig Harbor or Mt. Vernon office/ remote in order to collaborate effectively with multiple team members on a daily basis. Further remote options may be available for candidates located in Ellensburg, Vancouver, or Spokane, WA.
Soundview Consultants is currently accepting resumes for our newest opportunity as a Fluvial Geomorphologist to join our strong team. We want to hear from you if you are a qualified, self-motivated and talented Fluvial Geomorphologist with experience in fluvial dynamics and applied geomorphology in the Pacific Northwest (PNW) ecosystems. You have practical experience with stream restoration, fish passage and culvert removal projects and floodplain restorations. You desire to collaborate with a team of like-minded and hard-working fisheries biologists, wetland scientist, and environmental planners to evaluate physical riverine processes, identify restoration measures, facilitate infrastructure improvements, and design restoration projects.This Position:
This position is a combination of field work and in-office responsibilities covering the greater Puget Sound area. Candidates must be able to provide project experience and examples of scientific writing performed.Typical Duties:
Skills and Experience:
- Study erosional and depositional processes as they relate to riverine and floodplain stability and ecological function;
- Develop stream restoration and enhancement recommendations;
- Complete accurate field investigations and assessments, including data collection, documentation, and determinations;
- Use remote sensing data sets in study design, and data analysis and interpretation;
- Develop and implement monitoring programs to quantify erosional and depositional processes to land use;
- Review geospatial information for projects with critical thinking and understanding of the bigger picture;
- Perform sedimentary transport analysis, design stream crossings, and guide restoration design in step with regional practice and fisheries needs;
- Draft assessment reports and other reporting elements showing excellent scientific writing and consistency;
- Assist with responding successfully to project RFP's and RFQ's as they arise;
- Participate in meetings with clients/stakeholders as requested;
- Maintain collaborative and positive relationships with regulatory staff and tribal representatives, and
- Ability to work independently.
About Soundview Consultants (SVC):
- B.S. degree in Geology, Environmental Science or other related field is required; M.S. degree preferred;
- 4+ years of experience as a Fluvial Geomorphologist in the State of Washington is desired;
- Strong technical design experience in geomorphology, river restoration, aquatic habitat characterization and design procedures;
- Experience implementing the WDFW Stream Habitat Restoration Guidelines Program and Integrated Streambank Protection Guidelines preferred;
- Prior consulting employment experience in the PNW preferred;
- Affiliated with relevant professional organizations is desired;
- Experience in implementation of aquatic and riparian habitat restoration and wetland mitigation projects is preferred;
- Insured and dependable personal transportation for a variety of road surfaces and with field supply storage;
- Experience implementing FEMA floodplain design manual;
- Experience with floodplain modeling using HEC-RAS;
- Ability to navigate through rough terrain and dense vegetation;
- Proficiency using GIS and GPS preferred;
- Possess ability to organize multi-project information and responsibilities;
- Required to keep a professional manner in all aspects and with all clients, regulatory personnel, and other professionals;
- Competency with Microsoft Office software is required including document preparation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude to perform with fast paced demands and high challenges;
- Self-Motivated and Self-Directed;
- Detail oriented, and
- Adherence to Company Policies is required.
SVC is a well-respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resources assessments, environmental planning and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. SVC specializes in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning.
Our scientists work with many of the PNW's leading companies, public entities, and regulatory agencies with a notably high level of success in achieving client goals and project entitlements. SVC has achieved this success while maintaining an exciting and positive workplace environment in a unique and historic waterfront setting in Gig Harbor, Washington.Our Benefits Package and What we Offer:
· Health Insurance;
· Dental Insurance;
· Vision Insurance;
· Group Life Insurance;
· Long-Term Disability;
· Workers' Compensation;
· 401K with 3% Employer Contribution;
· PTO (Paid Time Off);
· Eight paid company holidays;
· EAP (Employee Assistance Program);
· ERP (Employee Referral Program), and
· Career Development Courses.
Soundview Consultants is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.