Mount Mary University is seeking an individual to join our community and contribute to the realization of our Mission through the role of an Assistant Professor of Biology, and member of the Sciences department. We are a community of faculty who value relationships with our students and colleagues. We are committed to a compassionate and effective undergraduate education for our students. This position includes service to the University, teaching responsibilities, and an expectation of continued professional development.Primary Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience
- Curriculum development and revision
- Teach courses ranging from and including microbiology, introductory biology, cell biology, genetics, and course(s) in the candidate's area of expertise.
- Effectively teach across the range of course offerings including non-majors as well as introductory and upper-level courses with laboratories.
- Possess a strong commitment to student-centered learning through inquiry-based pedagogies
- Manifest a commitment to the mission of Mount Mary University
- Mentor students as a faculty advisor
- Contribute to program assessment
- Commitment to equity and inclusion through pedagogy, content, and interactions with students and colleagues
- Join a collaborative and interactive department of teacher-scholars
- Engage students in undergraduate research
- Develop leadership skills within the department
- Contribute to initiatives to support undergraduate research and pedagogical development
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to function in a team environment
- Serve on faculty assembly and University committees
- Provide service to the institution and the community
- Engage in ongoing scholarship and professional activity (research, publications, presentations)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Doctorate in Biological field
- Candidates who are ABD will be considered if all other qualifications are met with distinction and there is demonstration of progress toward degree completion.
- Previous experience teaching a diverse study body is desired.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
Mount Mary University
- Significant experience in leadership, education, and research or scholarship.
encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity Job Posted by ApplicantPro