Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Environmental Scientist with extensive experience in water quality and natural resource restoration in Central Florida.
The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and self-directed with recent experience in addressing complex water quality issues. Experience serving as a primary point of contact for clients and working as part of field teams, knowledge of field data collection, familiarity with water and sediment quality collection techniques and instruments, small boat handling capabilities, familiarity with toxicology testing/data, and experience with scientific diving is desirable. Strong writing skills are required. Key Responsibilities:
This person will be a member of a team providing engineering and scientific consulting services to private industry and government clients. This position will support a wide variety of projects. Some of the duties of this position may include:
Skills / Qualifications
- Developing and leading the implementation of water resource planning efforts
- Leveraging large environmental datasets and implementing statistical and mechanistic models to provide appropriate science-based inference
- Evaluating and providing recommendations for improvments for waterbodies not meeting state and federal water quality standards
- Supporting development of minimum flows and levels
- Managing complex water quality projects
- Determining required scope and level of effort of project work, including the degree of completeness and precision to which project elements should be addressed
- Maintaining a high level of skill in communications, with emphasis on the preparation of clear and concise written reports.
- Demonstrating a high level of competence in directing and managing single-disciplined projects and/or small to moderate-sized, multi-disciplined projects
- Providing technical direction to and mentors junior staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that Wood's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed
- Bachelor of Science degree in environmental science
- 15+ years environmental science / consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientific principles
- Excellent computer applications and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.