Climate Data Analyst
Buffalo, New York
Buffalo, New York is on the eastern shore of Lake Erie, just south of Niagara Falls. Buffalo is home to two professional sports teams - the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres - and a thriving and progressive music and arts scene. Most famously, the Buffalo wing was invented in 1964 at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. Whether you are looking to relocate or are a current resident, job opportunities in Buffalo are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is seeking a Climate Data who is looking for a career that makes a major difference in people's lives and has a positive impact on the environment.
Climate Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Generate weather fronts, analyze high and low-pressure areas, create and disseminate tropical cyclone information and performing global ice analysis
- Run and maintain models of water demand and supply for climate change projections. These skills will be taught, but a familiarity with basic computing is required.
- Gather data on factors affecting the health of watersheds (for example, development, invasive species, and fire)
- Help develop web tools, PowerPoint presentations, and written documents to make the data and results available to National Forests and the scientific community
- Communicate with national forests to ensure the data is appropriate for their long-term planning needs
- Attend weekly lab meetings and report latest findings to research team
Climate Data Analyst Qualifications:
- A bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree in economics, natural resource economics, hydrology, computer science, or a related field
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with next-level attention to detail
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently, as needed, to meet shifting deadlines, priorities, and schedules