At GreenLight we are working to solve two of the world's greatest problems: global food insecurity and equal access to vaccines and the associated health benefits. Unlike most corporations who can be required to put profits ahead of other principles, GreenLight is one of the first Public Benefit Corporations to be publicly traded and have a charter that requires a focus on how it benefits its employees, community and society and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health (Nasdaq: GRNA) by leveraging the full potential of dsRNA and mRNA. The GreenLight team is over 300 people across our headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases as well as develop vaccines.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity's challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone-paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit .
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated entry level Research Associate to work on application of exogenous dsRNA for fungal plant pathogen and insect control. The successful candidate will support research in assay development and validation, and processes in the context of several milestone-driven projects.
· Make media for and maintain fungal and insect cultures
· Independently perform routine techniques when working with fungi or insects, such as encouragement of sporulation and quantification of spores, secondary inoculum production, inoculation of host plants, performing dilutions, counting and manipulating small insects, maintaining insect cultures, preparing artificial diet, microscopy work
· Assist with the development of high throughput screening assays for activity of novel compounds
· Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols, procedures, and collected data
· Work collaboratively with other team members to accomplish project goals and milestones
· Use creative problem-solving skills to help troubleshoot experimental challenges
· Demonstrate skills in organization, attention to detail, interpersonal communication, judgement, planning and prioritizing, and recognizing cause and effect
· Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience and knowledge of general laboratory safety and aseptic techniques, attention to detail and excellent record-keeping skills
· Knowledge of pipetting and dilutions and/or experience maintaining laboratory cultures of fungal pathogens or insects are a plus
· Experience developing in vitro and in vivo laboratory assays for screening pesticides is desirable
· Must be highly motivated with exceptional teamwork skills and be willing to quickly learn skills and techniques across plant pathology and entomology
· Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and be comfortable with a fast-paced, challenging environment
· Knowledge and use of computer imaging software and/or knowledge of statistics a plus
· B.S. in biology, entomology, plant pathology, microbiology, or closely related field
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.