ePac Flexible Packaging is a rapidly growing custom flexible packaging company, built on the latest digital printing technology. With locations across the United States and around the globe, ePac's mission is to help brands of all sizes grow with great packaging. Since opening our first manufacturing facility in 2016, our mission has been clear - to help small brands obtain big brand presence, give back to the communities we serve and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable, circular economy. Our customers are predominantly locally-based small and medium-sized consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands, many of whom are focused on creating natural and innovative products for their consumers.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Director is responsible for developing and overseeing environmental, social and corporate governance initiatives, projects, policies and procedures to be socially and environmentally sustainable. As an ESG Director you will be managing the company's overall ESG program by working with key stakeholders (internal and external) to gather, analyze, report and act on various metrics and targets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and leads a multi-pronged strategy for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Builds existing and new ESG programs that align to the strategy and leverage to expand opportunities within ePac.
- Provide technical expertise on key issues related to environmental and social impact assessment and on sustainability risks in the design, preparation, implementation and supervision of ESG initiatives, taking into consideration best industry practices and standards
- Acts as a thought leader in ESG; Understanding current and future challenges within the industry and educating and prioritizing these issues with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Establishing a clear, prioritized activity roadmap that successfully delivers the company's ambitions, including changes in policies and/or processes, alignment with external benchmarks, and proactive engagement with Trade Associations
- Coordinating regular ESG-related activities across the organization, which includes visible KPIs, project communications, Product Development, LCA calculations and third party solution assessments
- Assesses the positive financial impact of ESG initiatives within ePac affiliates
- Develops external ESG reporting and works collaboratively across multiple functional areas to drive program awareness and communicates program results
- Assist in developing appropriate external communications regarding ePac's ESG strategy and progress
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong project management skills; highly organized and capable of effective, efficient multi-tasking and time management
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to effectively present information to others
- The ability to influence and catalyze change to improve ESG performance
- The ability to work autonomously with a hands-on approach
- Practical and innovative leader with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results
- Creative thinker with a strong interest in executing new strategies to drive increasing value to our employees
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build out metrics and synthesize data
- Possess soft skills and competencies that include: Inspirational leadership, holistic ownership, strategic focus, operational intensity, communicating with impact, and acting as a talent champion
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines while still meeting standards
- Ability to travel to plant locations across the country - Travel is will be required 25% - 50% of the time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- An advanced degree (at least Master's or equivalent) in engineering, environmental management, environmental sciences, or relevant field
- At least five years of relevant experience with private sector firms to identify environmental/social risk and issues and develop mitigation measures to ensure compliance with good international industry practice.
- Experience in ESG strategy development and implementation (ESG reporting, and development of measurement frameworks)
- 5+ years of experience in sustainability, EHS, or corporate compliance and governance.
- Demonstrated experience in working with multiple stakeholders to successfully execute action plans.
- Strong problem-solving skills with high levels of motivation, initiative, and energy.
- Experience using Google Suites (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Drive)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by management.
The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
ePac is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. EEO Poster
This is a remote (work from home) position.