Job DetailsJob Location
Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OHEmployer Address:
Mount St. Joseph University 5701 Delhi Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45233Department:
Non-ExemptSupervisor Contact Information:
Mary Orloff, Lab Manager email@example.com 513-244-4954 SC 213Evaluation Period:
Annual performance evaluations if the student works the entire academic year. If the student works one semester, the performance evaluation will be completed after that semesterPurpose:
To assist Biology Department faculty and staff with preparing, setting up, and taking down (cleaning) laboratories which are part of the instructional program in the department. To assist in the general maintenance of the laboratories and equipment in the Biology Department. To assist with research projects.Duties:
Must either be enrolled in or have successfully completed a semester of College Chemistry Must also be enrolled in a Biology course, preferably as a Biology major
- Clean and maintain models, equipment, lab resources, and supplies
- Set up and take down (clean) all laboratories in the department
- Make solutions using standard directions
- Assist faculty and staff with research projects
- Complete room and equipment inventories
- Maintain animals, such as fish, frogs, and bees, in the department and at Earth Connection
- Maintain the greenhouse
- Maintain freshwater aquarium systems
- Purchase lab supplies for the department at the store (Travel to and from the store in their own vehicle)
- Currently enrolled student at Mount St. Joseph University
- Work-study eligible preferred
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently, and to deadlines
- Well organized, punctual, and reliable
- The ability to communicate sensitively and tactfully, both orally and in writing, with individuals at all levels within the University
- Demonstrate consistently responsible behavior with chemicals and respect for instruction from stockroom manager and faculty.
- Have the ability to safely set up lab equipment and chemicals.
- Have the ability to follow directions and ask questions when something is not clear before performing a task.
- Have no grades of a D or lower from the immediately previous semester and maintaining a C average at the mid-term of the current semester.
- Have no grades of a C or lower for any classes required for their major
To apply please complete application.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer