Want to help drive a revolution in synthetic biology? Many synthetic biology companies aim to enable humans to thrive sustainably in a resource-limited world. But despite tremendous breakthroughs in reading and writing genetic diversity, the ability to measure the function of those changes hasn't scaled. At Triplebar, we're opening the measurement bottleneck by orders of magnitude to accelerate the discovery, development and adoption of bioengineered molecules.
We're looking for an outstanding Research Associate III to join our early stage startup. You'll have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, diverse, multidisciplinary team and join in developing world-class technology to revolutionize synthetic biology.
As a full-time Research Associate III with Triplebar, you will drive diversity generation and library building from the bench. Your expertise and initiative will drive development of molecular biology tools and infrastructure that enable Triplebar's core technology. Your excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude will allow you to work seamlessly within a team of high-performing, interdisciplinary scientists to deliver results and solve problems. Your Contributions
- Leverage molecular biology expertise at the bench to successfully build high diversity strain and protein engineering libraries as part of Triplebar's first commercial projects/partnerships.
- Develop efficient genetic tools for fast, commercially relevant DNA assembly and organism library construction.
- Work seamlessly within the Biology team to execute project goals.
- Take initiative to identify and address areas for improvement across all aspects of the company.
- As with all members of the founding team, help build company culture and serve as a role model for future hires.
Not required, but exceptional candidates would also have some...
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field.
- 2-4 years experience engineering industrially relevant organisms (e.g. E. coli, Bacillus, Pichia ) in a fast-paced industrial environment.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering robust protocols using expert knowledge of the field, literature and tools available.
- Demonstrated success under complex project contingencies and tight deadlines, including anticipating and mitigating risks and prioritizing multiple lines of work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that enable successful team coordination in a highly collaborative environment. Strong data visualization and presentation skills that enable clear and concise scientific communication.
- Highly motivated, self-starter known for identifying issues, providing potential solutions and aligning with project teams to rapidly meet the team's goals.
- Expertise in high-throughput DNA assembly and transformation pipelines
- Experience in generating high diversity organism libraries
- Hands-on experience with developing, conducting, and analyzing data from high-throughput screens and/or directed evolution experiments
- Proficiency with Python, R, JMP, Spotfire or other data visualization and statistical tools
- Experience with laboratory information management systems, cross-departmental databases, strain and DNA registries
- Experience working in an Agile Project Management environment
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Triplebar may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our Emeryville, CA location - Triplebar may agree to offer relocation assistance for this role. This role will be primarily lab-based with opportunities to work remotely.