About the location
Alcoa's U.S. portfolio includes Alcoa's corporate headquarters (ACC), Alcoa's Technology Center (ATC), four smelters, hydroelectric power and a calcined coke plant. Alcoa "Warrick" based in Newburgh, Indiana just outside of Evansville, IN has been present in the lives of many families in our community for over 60 years. We've grown and we've matured together. Now we are looking for our next generation of leaders to guide us into the future.You can be one of them! Join us and get ready to experience endless opportunities!About the job
Alcoa Warrick is looking for a Smelter Environmental Technician, and we're excited about having a new person joining our company! This role is responsible for supporting the development, implementation and follow through of environmental procedures to align with regulatory requirements and to meet...Operations and Corporate objectives:
This person will support the compliance of environmental laws, regulations, and/or environmental orders and to assist with efficient, technically sound solutions to environmental problems. The position will have the responsibility of overseeing the Warrick facility's environmental sampling program, primarily as it relates to air sampling and auditing in the potrooms. We want someone who's willing to effectively help support and lead the implementation of all environmental standards and protocols in order to achieve a major environmental incident free workplace in a challenging business environment.Major Deliverables:
- Gain knowledge and experience in plant processes and demonstrate interest and initiative in assigned area.
- Demonstrate growing independence in projects and activities; may handle small projects independently.
- Demonstrate consistently effective work load and project management skills.
- Be visible and accessible on the plant floor every day Coordinating with production staff to address areas of concern.
- Lead on-the-floor audits of Alcoa's pot practices protocols and ensure follow up to optimally close gaps.
- Coordinate with and offer support to the on-site environmental laboratory to ensure timely analysis of air sampling cassettes from the Aluminum plant.
- Help ensure environmental monitoring equipment is accurately maintained.
- Assist with environmental sampling data and compiling of sampling data reports.
- Complete daily Pot Audits and present findings to the Environmental Engineer.
- Assist with the visible emissions software software
Our values - act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people, lead with courage - are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success we desire the following background:
- A minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-3 years of plant experience in the EHS area would be advantageous
- Must be self-motivating with excellent facilitator and problem solving skills.
- Must have good knowledge of operations and procedures and be capable of communicating and consulting optimally with others.
- Understanding of the following information system software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook.
To support our teams and their families beyond the workplace, Alcoa provides an outstanding benefits package effective day one of employment! In addition to medical benefits, we offer structured work-from-home programs, employee resource group opportunities, 401K options and a first-rate vacation plan for valuable work-life balance.Alcoa encourages applications from women, a diverse group of backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences. Alcoa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.