GoldSim Modeler (Scientist)
Req ID 2358GoldSim Modeler (Scientist)Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. Were looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. Thats why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.This Opportunity
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Intermediate GoldSim Modeler (Scientist) .
This position can be located remotely or in one of the following offices: Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Redmond, WA; Tucson, AZ; or Reno, NV
. #globalminingYour Impact
Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Develop, review, and lead GoldSim water balance and water quality models for the mining industry.
- Develop and review conceptual models and basis-of-design documents.
- Present and discuss technical details and project results with clients and stakeholders.
- Plan, manage and support multiple projects.
- Write and review technical reports.
- Perform business development activities, including client contact/presentations, proposal writing and professional society participation.
- Serve as an internal technical resource and provide guidance and mentorship to junior-level staff.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to complete environmental impact assessments for large mining operations.
- Perform professional environmental science work and assist with conducting investigations, inspections, and environmental studies and surveys to gain further information on a particular environmental problem or issue, verify site characteristics, and/or to plan for future environmental needs.
- Prepare data and visualizations such as tables, charts, accurate reports, and illustrations for the interpretation or presentation of data, findings, or analyses.
- Assist with preparing environmental survey reports, data entry, impact assessment, and assist with permitting activities for assigned projects ( e.g. Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act permitting, CEQA, NEPA, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Geology or a related field of study.
- At least 3 years of GoldSim model development experience, ideally in a mine watermanagement as a consultant.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including making presentations, leading discussions, technical documentation and proposal/report writing).
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally (including internationally, typically less than one-week duration).
- Moderate proficiency with business writing, office automation and communication software, technology, and tools.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, and identify the most effective manner to accomplish objectives of assigned projects.
Compensation and Benefits
- Masters degree in Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Geology or a related field of study.
- Experience building GoldSim -based water quality models in addition to water balance models.
- Experience with scripting languages such as R or python and the ability to manage and manipulate large datasets.
- Experience with transport and reactivity-based modeling codes such as PHREEQC, The Geochemists Workbench, and HYDRUS.
- Experience using AutoCAD and GIS mapping software.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.#LI-BJ1
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career. Expected Salary: $59,000 - $113,300.
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.Additional Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: LAKEWOOD - W ALASKA DR
- All locations: US-AZ-Tucson, US-CO-Denver, US-CO-Lakewood, US-NV-Reno, US-Remote, US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-WA-Redmond
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.