Our Culture: Why work with us?
At Foghorn Therapeutics, we believe in "People First, Mission Always."
We put "People First" because we know our people are the key to everything we will accomplish. We value the diversity of background, ideas, perspectives and experiences that our team members bring to Foghorn Therapeutics - demonstrated by our community speaking more than 22 languages and representing over 24 nationalities. We value our teammates as people, not just as employees - validated by our actions that let our people know that we care about them, their families, and their lives.
We say "Mission Always" because we know a relentless commitment to our mission will make a difference in the lives of others. We believe our success will come from evaluating the data to follow the science. We work hard to develop a new class of therapies that could improve the lives of over 2.5 million people with cancer.
Our culture is focused on succeeding through the evaluation of data, not people. And in that, relationships can flourish and develop.Our Science:
The groundbreaking science behind our therapies continues to yield vital insights into diseases that have confounded physicians and researchers. Our core scientific approach is centered on the chromatin regulatory system, which opens and closes the right sections of DNA at the right time. Breakdowns in the chromatin regulatory system lead to a wide range of diseases, including cancer, impacting millions of people.
Our proprietary Gene Traffic Control® platform is a powerful tool for understanding and modulating the chromatin regulatory system. We are pursuing multiple treatments for breakdowns in this system. We are the only company with the ability to study and target the chromatin regulatory system at scale, in context, and in an integrated way.The Role:
Foghorn Therapeutics is seeking a motivated Co-op or intern to join our Oncology/Biology group. This is 6 months internship. The candidate will have the opportunity gain valuable experience in the development of cell-based assays and use of standard molecular and cellular biology techniques. The candidate should have a track record of applying sound scientific judgement to answer critical questions, as well as the willingness to learn how to design and implement thoughtful and well-controlled experiments. The right candidate will be a willing team player, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be all-around scientifically curious.In This Role, You'll Get To:
- Learning to perform key cell and molecular biology techniques: Cell culture, Western blots, ELISA, flow cytometry and RT-qPCR
- Implementing the above techniques to help the company evaluate and characterize both small molecule compounds and genetic perturbations via cell-based assays
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team, help analyze and interpret data, prepare summaries and communicate results to project teams
- Contribute to various aspects of company building, from scientific excellence to enhancing a great company culture
- Proficient pipette skills are required
- Cell culture maintenance and some experience with cell-based assays is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to accommodate to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Eagerness to work and learn in a team-based environment.
- Background in the field of molecular and cellular biology is preferred. Some knowledge of genetics and oncology is desirable.
Foghorn Therapeutics is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- FSA and HSA for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Discretionary winter shut down
- Paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
Foghorn Therapeutics is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Foghorn is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Foghorn Therapeutics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.