At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Prevail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company, is a biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for Parkinson's disease and other genetically defined neurodegenerative diseases. Prevail is based in the Alexandria Centre for life Sciences on the East Side of Manhattan in New York city.Position Overview
The Research Associate will support the development and validation of gene editing technologies by performing hands-on, bench-level research involving both cell culture and molecular biology and NGS. The ideal candidate will be a team player, with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.Responsibilities
- Perform in vitro studies to determine the advantages of different gene editing tools
- Maintain cell culture including iPSCs and primary neuron.
- Participate in development of novel gene editing approaches and organize the plasmid inventory
- Develop and conduct NGS and PCR based assays for gene editing efficiency and off-site analysis
- Critically assess data generated from diverse experimental approaches in cell and molecular biology
- BS in a scientific discipline with at least 3 years experience in academia/industry preferably in neuroscience or MS in a scientific discipline.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology including molecular cloning, PCR and DNA and RNA extraction
- Experience with primary neuron culture and/or NGS is strongly desired
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and documenting skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative scientific environment
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).