Microbiologist Support for Viral Culture, Immunology, Molecular Biology, and Molecular Library Screening.Job Objective
The purpose of this requirement is to provide support services for at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio.Mandatory Qualifications
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Possess a Doctoral degree in a biological science with an emphasis in cellular biology (microbiology, immunology, virology, cellular biology, or similar) and between 0-4 years of post-graduate experience performing mammalian cell culture of pathogenic viruses. Experience gained during graduate school may be applied toward this and the requirements listed below.
- Demonstrated experience with immunological assays (ELISA, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, microscopy, or similar).
- Possess excellent organizational, management, and communications skills including writing ability.
- Demonstrated experience with cellular function tests (live/dead quantification, live cell fluorescent labeling, apoptosis/necrosis, MTT/MTS, or similar).
- Possess a documented history of scientific writing as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, technical reports, and/or conference proceedings (abstracts, posters, oral presentations, session chair personships, or similar).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience with advanced molecular biology techniques such as real-time PCR, next generation sequencing, molecular cloning, or similar is desired.
- Signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place with their company based on the potential access to confidential, proprietary, and/or sensitive information. The NDA shall be provided to the Government Program Manager by start of performance.
- Assist biological and medical scientists in laboratories, setting up, operating, and maintaining laboratory instruments & equipment, monitoring experiments, making observations, and calculating/recording results.
- Perform basic cell culture techniques to maintain cell lines for propagating pathogenic viruses.
- Assist PHT staff in developing and optimizing procedures for viral propagation, characterization, and immunology.
- Update/conduct review of scientific literature relevant to PHT research initiatives.
- Support experimental planning/design, protocol training and execution, and data collection and analysis.
- Support development, reporting, and editing of competitive, well-written, full drafts of papers and presentations.
- Assist with the preparation, coordination, and submission of protocol-related documents to Institutional Review Boards (IRB) or Institutional Biosafety Committee.
- Support the laboratory with other tasks as required to ensure proper function of the laboratory, including but not limited to communal solid waste disposal, and general laboratory maintenance procedures.
Contractor employees requiring access to USAF bases, AFRL facilities, and/or access to U.S. Government Information Technology (IT) networks in connection with the work on this contract must be U.S. citizens.