SciPro is partnered with a VC backed startup focused on rare cancer. They have a biology-driven, AI approach to drug discovery and have developed a platform to power their efforts. Additionally, they have milestone partnerships where they move their successful targets along the pipeline. The successful candidate will have a background in cancer biology and someone who can lead projects from target discovery through IND in the oncology space. This is a 100% remote position.
- Lead and plan experimental validation activities to develop pipeline of novel oncology targets and assets.
- Create and execute research strategies for drug development, ranging from target selection to IND enabling studies, to provide clear go-no/go decisions and timelines
- Design assays and experimental protocols (in-vitro to in-vivo) to measure target-disease relevance, target-compound engagement, and better understand underling biological mechanisms of action.
- Work as the liaison with external CROs for all wet lab validation, specifically focusing on preclinical mechanism of action/pathway studies, toxicology, compound screening, assay development and in vivo model development.
- PhD in relevant field (pharmacology, cancer biology, etc.) with 5+ years in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Track record of leading projects from target discovery to developmental candidates (particularly in oncology)
- Experience in pathway/target validation and running experiments to measure target-disease relevance
- Experience designing, developing, and overseeing cell-based assays and in vivo studies, including selecting appropriate preclinical models (in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo) to evaluate targets and candidate molecules.
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team
- This company is not able to sponsor visas- candidate must be a US Citizen or green card holder
Please apply with an updated resume