Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate - Molecular Biology
Rejuvenate Bio is seeking a highly motivated molecular biologist to join our team in San Diego, CA. This position will focus on implementing molecular biology techniques to support ongoing and future genome engineering research efforts towards the discovery and development of molecular tools for controlled gene therapies. The candidate will be required to prepare reagents as well as plan and document experiments with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment. The position requires creativity, flexibility, problem-solving, and a strong work ethic.Overview:
The successful candidate possesses technical expertise in, or demonstrates the ability to quickly learn, a wide range of molecular biology techniques including various molecular cloning techniques, cell/tissue handling, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR/qPCR, FACS, and downstream data curation and interpretation. Ideal applicants will be able to conduct molecular biology projects in a variety of cellular systems, effectively troubleshoot technical problems and be able to collect, interpret and present the data in both written and oral form to a varied audience.Key Responsibilities:
- Executes and interprets experiments on time with a high degree of reliability.
- Conduct experimental troubleshooting of detailed workflows.
- Present studies at internal group/department or project team research meetings.
- Detailed lab notebook and data management, curation, and statistical analysis of experimental data.
- Effectively multi-task across multiple projects and experimental systems and be adaptable enough to rapidly change directions with regards to ongoing research projects as needed.
- Performing related laboratory maintenance, such as ordering supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S or M.S. in genetic engineering, molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, or related field required.
- At least one year of molecular biology/cell culture experience (industry experience preferred)
- Proven technical pro?ciency and demonstrated skill in designing, executing, and interpreting molecular biology and cell/tissue culture experiments.'
- Experience with basic cloning techniques (restriction enzyme, Gibson, golden gate, or gateway) or related experience.
- Technical expertise in DNA/RNA extraction, qPCR, bacterial transformation and plasmid prep., cell culture techniques, immunofluorescence imaging.
- Experience with primary/stem cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISAs, next-generation sequencing, CRISPR-based genome editing, critical RNA structure related work and AAV related experience are pluses.
- Must have in-depth understanding of molecular biology techniques.
- Must be able to survey relevant scienti?c literature to maintain awareness of issues and find solutions to scientific or technical problems.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively within highly interdisciplinary teams.
- Effective communicator (written and verbal), especially within their technical area(s).
Rejuvenate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Rejuvenate Bio is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.