Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002
What are you waiting for? The Big Picture:
Are you flexible, inventive, and dedicated? Do you possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality?
Mortenson is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Specialist
. In this position, you will support environmental management efforts at Mortenson for the Company. You will review environmental documentation and advise on environmental matters. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to work well in a team and collaborate is vital to your success in this role. This position is based out of the Minneapolis, MN headquarters. You will travel to our solar sites.
Responsibilities What will you be doing?
Your organization, flexibility, extraordinary customer focus and strong communication are essential to implementing Mortensons environmental program for simple to moderately complex project sites. Your duties may include:
- Develop site specific environmental plans and activities
- Review environmental submittals and attend preconstruction and preparatory meetings
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with environmental regulations
- Develop and lead environmental training programs
- Lead best management practices for environmental management
- Monitor implementation of environmental mitigation measures and conduct work site environmental inspections
- Collaborate with customers on regulatory reporting and documentation requirements
- Maintain operational knowledge of environmental issues in construction, and other applicable standards, regulations, laws, and procedures
- Communicate with various third parties including the customers environmental personnel, environmental consultants, regulatory representatives
- Assist in the development company-wide Environmental Management support programs
Qualifications How will you succeed?
- Significant experience with: storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP)
- Experience with endangered species, erosion prevention and sediment control
- Deep understanding of Federal, State, Provincial and local laws, policies and procedures
- Strong organization and self-direction skills with the ability to collaborate in a team atmosphere
- Ability to communicate with consultants and governmental agencies
- Ability to use PC, tablets and widely used software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word)
- Proficient with reviewing designs
- Minimum of eight years related experience
- Current drivers license
- Based out of company headquarters in Minneapolis, MN Solar and Emerging Renewables
- Travel up to 50- 75%
- Bachelors degree or higher in geology, environmental management, environmental science, biology, or related field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
#LI - BR1