Overview:Long Prairie Packing, LLC,
has an opportunity for a Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
The EHS Manager manages Company safety policies and procedures as well as ensures the Company is in compliance with OSHA, EPA and DNR regulations.This individual will offer new ideas while being conscientious, self-starting and striving for excellence in all areas of job responsibilities. The EHS Manager will also directly manage the health services department.
As our Environmental Health and Safety Manager
, you will:
- Assurance of compliance to all regulations and standards at site.
- Primary point of contact for safety issues.
- Investigate industrial accidents and incidents.
- Follow up on significant accidents and incidents to ensure necessary changes are made in a timely manner.
- Maintain liaison with national, state, and local safety organizations and take an active role in activities of such groups.
- Maintain federal, state and local safety and environmental record keeping and permit requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct safety training to maintain compliance with federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Primary contact person for inspection conducted by local, state and federal safety and environmental enforcement agencies.
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring as needed.
- Specify and order safety or environment equipment beyond the store's regular purchasing items.
- Conduct regular inspections of facility, discuss findings and work with leaders to develop appropriate action plans.
- Make regular reports to the Company's Leadership including weekly actions, monthly status, and quarterly reports.
- Assure proper regulatory recordkeeping (OSHA/EPA) in all areas and develop effective and efficient reporting mechanisms to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with OSHA, EPA, and other regulations and standards (NFPA, NIOSH, DNR, etc.), including technical understanding of these regulations and standards.
- Continuing education on new federal, state and local regulations.
- Management experience in diverse workforces.
- Working knowledge of 40 CFR Environmental regulations and state and municipalities regulations in MN.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of perspectives from leadership to production staff employees.
- B.S. in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or other related physical science.
- 3+ years of experience in a meat or industrial manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or degree in safety or environmental disciplines preferred.
Summary:Long Prairie Packing Company, LLC
an American Foods Group Company is a privately held beef processing company located in Long Prairie, Minnesota. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a "hire to retire" type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Apply today and work for a company that loves you back!
Check Out the Long Prairie, MN Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Long Prairie, Minnesota, a rural city located in the center of Minnesota - A short drive from many of the best recreational areas in Minnesota, and not too far from the Twin Cities and the ever-famous Mall of America! Long Prairie's museums, scenic golf courses, and historic buildings will fulfill your diverse interests.
The area also offers:
- Long Prairie Trails - 4 well-kept trails that extend throughout the entire city
- Lake Charlotte Beach which includes a swimming beach, fishing pier and boat launch, softball fields, and much more!
- Year-round community events that the whole family will love.
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than Long Prairie Packing Company, LLC in Long Prairie, Minnesota!Â : #Sponsored