Job Description:We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to support EH&S in an Environmental Compliance Specialist role. This is a remote role that will be based around either Cleveland, OH or Detroit, MI supporting our sites in Ringwood, Illinois, Auburn Hills, Michigan, East Lansing, Michigan, Akron Ohio, Ashtabula, Ohio, and Harrison City, Pennsylvania.The Environmental Compliance Specialist role will provide environmental compliance support to multiple sites within a designated region in the US. This role will facilitate the integration and adoption of environmental compliance activities, procedures, and reporting requirements at their designated sites. In addition, the Environmental Compliance Coordinator will work closely with site Operations teams to address any non-compliance and develop Corrective Action Plans, as needed.As an Environmental Compliance Specialist, you will:
- Regulatory Requirements: Ensure all required compliance data is collected (permits and regulations) and verify all are within range. Assist in preparing compliance calendars, permit requirement summaries, and compliance checklists. Gather Compliance Assurance Monitoring (Title V req) and Periodic Monitoring data - check data and ensure in range; follow up to resolve with Operations when out-of-range. Help review Title V data / Permit for accuracy and completeness and provide review for quality, as appropriate and where applicable.
- Reporting: Assist with any required agency reporting, as required by permit, Federal or State regulation. Examples may include NSPS, NESHAP, NPDES, RCRA, and other reports such as Tier II and SARA 313 TRI reporting. Completes the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual environmental data collection sheets (e.g. GHG data); submits to reporting team(s). This may include direct input to computer based EHS system. Supports Operations and Regional EHS Business Unit Partners to analyze, review and report status of compliance monthly. Gather information for water usage reporting and discharge, assist with report submittal.
- Waste Management: Assist in hazardous waste management program implementation. Routine verification that Operations is handling, storing, and documenting, as required. Help with waste / off-spec material inventory management. Assist with the proper disposal of universal, hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Ensure all required manifest copies and records are correct and maintained. Aid in the preparation of annual hazardous and special waste reports.
- Program Management: LDAR program oversight (where applicable) and work with third party to ensure LDAR database is maintained, reporting is accurate and repairs are made. Reviews the monthly LDAR reports for compliance issues, accuracy completeness. Participate in Management of Change committee meetings and associated environmental action items. Assist with Facility Response Plan drills, as applicable. Conduct and oversee the water well and monitoring wells performance and data collection, as required or necessary. Assist and lead incident investigations for environmental releases and non-compliance(s).
- Inspections and Audits: Perform routine annual or quarterly stormwater and SPCC inspections. Assist supervisors in preparing for Corporate and third-party environmental audits. Help with inputting release events and spills, and agency reporting as needed. Perform and manage annual tank and berm and secondary containment inspections, and any corrective actions. Coordinate environmental performance testing, including third party testing. Self-audit support, assist and teach Operations to look at and for. Work with Operations to develop Corrective Action Plans to address any non-compliance.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives. Be able to work collaboratively with corporate subject matter experts on rollouts of corporate standards or guidance initiatives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental or STEM and 5+ years of related experience
- Chemical manufacturing experience is REQUIRED
- Generalist environmental experience with strong experience in air compliance
- Experience with NSPS, MACT and NESHAP
- Must be proficient with Excel (v-look ups, pivot tables, macros)
- Comfortable with travel via car or airplane up to 50%
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Outlook and Microsoft programs
- Must possess the highest levels of integrity, honesty, and ethics. You know right from wrong and treat everyone with respect and professionalism.
What Huntsman can do for you:Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us!Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information.All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service. Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers . Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers . ~IND123