We are Verdantas!
This is a great opportunity to join an emerging company with comprehensive environmental, energy, water, and civil infrastructure capabilities. A group of exceptional companies has been bound together to evolve into a single innovative environmental engineering and consultant firm to deepen client relationships with informed, efficient, and sustainable solutions for clients across the US. Together, the power of extended reach for our client's projects and the ability to tap into our wealth of technical and client environment knowledge enables us to consistently deliver value-added services that exceed our client's expectations. Be a part of and help shape the evolution of our company and contribute to healthy communities, and make a lasting, positive impact on society.
We are seeking a Hydrogeologist II
to join our Dublin, Ohio office
You will have the opportunity to use your skills and passion to contribute to a dynamic range of projects. With ample opportunities for career advancement and our great benefits, we are sure to give you a challenging yet satisfying job experience! The ideal candidate will be someone with strong written and verbal communication skills who enjoys the variety of working in both indoor and outdoor settings. Work under the supervision of a project manager, as part of a team, to perform specific technical duties on a number of diverse projects. Review records and data to prepare written correspondence and documentation, including reports. Communicate verbally and in writing with internal team members and possibly with external agencies. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and create Health and Safety Plans for job sites and be responsible for personal and team safety in the field, including subcontractors
- Communicate and engage with team members and clients as required to ensure project metrics and timelines are met
- Perform computations, process data, and perform documentation using computer software or other established methods
- Assist in preparing technical reports to document project findings, conclusions, and recommendations
- Assist in preparing geologic and hydrogeologic cross-sections and maps, and other illustrations for data interpretation and presentation
- Collect and interpret data through research, file reviews, field observations and measurements, field testing, and other methods
- Perform fieldwork including borehole logging, soil sampling, observation of well installation, geophysical testing, monitoring well sampling, aquifer testing, and pilot testing.
- Travel to project sites on a regular basis to perform the above responsibilities. Most travel is by car.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Environmental Studies, or Environmental Science with a geology focus from an accredited institution; Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience. Advanced degree or cooperative education may count toward experience
- Combination of office and outdoor work environment. When in an outdoor environment, the employee is subject to significant walking distances in uneven terrain, dirt, varying temperatures, weather conditions, wildlife, and noise
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
Verdantas is highly supportive of personal and professional growth. Our work environment favors assertiveness, creativity, collaboration, and forward-thinking, and you will join other individuals that place a high value on working hard and having fun