Area Environmental Manager - North America - Tennessee (Region 1)
An opportunity has arisen for an Area Environmental Manager - North America. Preferred location is Tennessee. This role will report to the Regional Environmental Director.Main Responsibilities:
- Primary environmental contact and support for approximately 25 locations.
- Effective implementation of standardized ADM environmental programs and systems to ensure compliance with company and local requirements for their assigned locations.
- Establish a sustainable environmental improvement culture across the locations in their region based on continuous improvement through the environmental management system. This role will provide technical and managerial direction to ensure ADM's environmental objectives are met.
- Monitor, evaluate and report area environmental performance and suggest corrective/preventive actions to further improve performance.
- Provide environmental support to locations within the area for approvals, permits, root cause analyses, sharing best practices, implementing the ADM standards and negotiations with authorities.
- Participate in trade associations and government working groups.
- Track and advise on new or upcoming legislation and regulations.
- Participate in compliance audits and assessments including due diligence.
- Facilitate training & development of the EHS professionals in the region.
- The Area Environmental Manager may be contacted for after hour emergencies.
- Strong problem solving, diagnostic and analytical skills, with a results focused approach.
- Strong leadership and change management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, acts as a reliable pro-active communicator.
- Sound project/program management skills.
- Open mindedness; forward thinking.
- Cooperative management style.
- Theoretical insight with pragmatic approach.
- Outgoing and energetic personality.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
Willingness to travel to multiple locations with flexible hours, occasionally other than normal business (day shift) hours to accommodate plant needs; i.e., training, inspections, etc. The Regional Environmental Manager may be contacted for after hour emergencies.Experiences:
- Environmental legislation experience in the US.
- Negotiation with authorities.
- Implementation of Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
- Air permitting and associated matters.
- Greenhouse gas reporting (GHG).
- Environmental reporting (TIER II, TRI, Boiler MACT).
- Waste characterization and transportation (DOT).
- Waste disposal alternatives and beneficial reuse.
- Performance Excellence/Lean/Continuous Improvement.
- Carbon management
(University degree, diplomas, specializations in…, work/job experiences, etc.)
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- BS degree in Engineering, Environmental Management or other related program preferred.
- 5-10 years' experience in a similar role, preferably in a process industrial environment
- Willing to frequently travel to the locations (approx. 25-30% of the time).
- This position requires the ability to work in a variety of conditions such as an office environment, indoors/outdoors, hot/cold weather as well as physical demands such as standing, kneeling, and sitting for prolonged periods of time, climbing stairs/ladders and the ability to work in confined spaces in a variety of environmental conditions.
(Measurable value used to evaluate success in reaching targets)
- Consolidated Environmental KPI's.
- Consolidated Environmental scorecards.
- Personal goals achieved.
(Explanation of any necessary partnering with the business, HR, logistics, etc.)
- Regional environmental leadership, SH leadership, Quality leadership, Technical and Operations Center of Excellence.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.About ADM:
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.EEO
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.Ref ID