Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Biologist (Flow Cytometry)
at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position that offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
-Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and a 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Contribute to all aspects of facility operation, including flow cytometry analysis and cell sorting with added emphasis on the independent operation of instruments.
- Perform daily Quality Control and maintenance.
- Perform troubleshooting of Flow Cytometry equipment.
- Provide support to researchers in operating instruments.
- Assist with user training and basic panel development.
- Perform sample preparation and staining for flow cytometry analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of SOPs and related documents for GLP work.
- Comply with safety guidelines and requirements by following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Assist in research programs for new assays and technologies within the facility.
- Assist in the development of new methods that extend the scope of flow cytometry at the facility, practice good laboratory skills and willingness to learn new skills.
- Advise and work at a high level with a variety of collaborators from diverse laboratories.
- Maintain good, organized records.
- Plan and deliver work to meet required deadlines.
The contractor must have:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Biology, Immunology, or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years or more of demonstrated relevant experience in the flow cytometry field.
- Proficiency with basic laboratory techniques (sample preparation, cell culture) and flow cytometry methods such as immunophenotyping, cell cycle analysis, etc.
- Experience in high parameter flow cytometry, spectral flow cytometry, imaging flow cytometry, or cell sorting will be an advantage, but training can be provided where required.
- Good understanding of laboratory biosafety standards.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including knowledge of computer systems and ability to work independently with data analysis programs.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy facility and to approach tasks and obstacles with a team-first mentality.
- Demonstrated significant depth and breadth of subject-level expertise.
- Demonstrated awareness of the latest developments in the project specialty areas.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment with co-workers, expertise ranging from novice to experts
Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.