HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc
Description: HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.
(HELIX), a California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is seeking a Project Manager
to support the high-quality consultant teams in our southern California locations (Irvine, Pasadena, Carlsbad and La Mesa), working from our Irvine office. HELIX offers environmental, biological, landscape architecture, regulatory permitting, cultural resources, acoustical, air quality, habitat restoration, and GIS services to both the public and private clients across a variety of sectors. Our Environmental Planning Group prepares documentation and technical analyses in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for a wide range of projects including transportation, energy/utilities and water/wastewater facilities, planned communities, residential and mixed-use projects, commercial/industrial development, educational facilities, agricultural and mining operations, and military facilities.
Why work for HELIX? We are an employee-owned firm, hard-working with a casual and collaborative work environment. HELIX placed in the top three for environmental consulting firms and in the top ten for firms in our size range (100 to 199 employees) nationwide in the ZweigWhite Best Firms to Work For survey. Our employees describe us as Caring, Team-oriented, Focused on Integrity, and Flexible . In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer award-winning health and wellness programs, professional development and training opportunities, performance rewards and recognition, company-sponsored functions, networking events, and much more! We are excited to meet you!
The successful applicant(s) will be responsible for managing the preparation and processing of CEQA/NEPA compliance documents and related technical studies, as well as assisting other Project Managers with their projects. Duties include document preparation; coordination with other environmental planning staff, in-house technical specialists, and subconsultants; as well as interaction with clients and reviewing agencies. Proposal preparation and business development are also required, and the successful applicant(s) must possess the experience, basic communication skills, and interest for these activities.
The Project Manager position(s) require an individual with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the preparation of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance documents (not including technical studies), including at least 1 year of project management experience. Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities. Experience with a variety of infrastructure and development project types, CEQA and/or NEPA document types, and private sector/public agency clients is desirable. The applicant must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and experience working in a team-oriented environment.
Please note that this is not a laboratory, environmental testing/field compliance, or hazardous materials studies/management position. Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, or other legally protected non-merit-based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
#environmentalplanning #environmentalconsulting #environmental #CEQA #NEPA
Requirements: Minimum Requirements for Environmental Project Manager:
Additional skills considered a plus
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the preparation of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance documents, including at least 1 year of experience in the preparation of proposals and management of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance projects.
- Knowledge of the California environmental and regulatory setting, obtained through directly related work experience within that setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Master's or PhD degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, business, or a related field.
- Experience in leading proposals and business pursuits, and the marketing of consulting services.
- Extensive work experience within Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, and/or Riverside counties.
- Existing, enduring client relationships.