Title: Scientist, cell and molecular biology Location: Cambridge, MADescription of Company:
Our client is a biotech startup company in Kendall Square developing antibodies to treat multiple diseases, including cancer and inflammatory diseasesDescription of Position:
Our client is looking for a hands on and collaborative researcher to join their team and perform discovery research to support their platform and pipeline. The successful candidate will work with a team of researchers to design, execute experiments, and present results internally and externally. The candidate will work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, data-driven and results-oriented environment and will contribute significantly to moving programs forward.Position Responsibilities:
- Design and execution of assays for screening of drug candidates (cell-based biochemistry readouts) to identify mechanism of action of antibodies
- Experience with cell biology and biochemistry techniques, including maintenance and culture of stable cells lines and primary cells, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, qPCR, ELISA, IHC, IF, reporter assays, transfection, flow cytometry.
- Experience with expressing antibodies or proteins from multiple expression hosts (CHO and HEK)
- Experience with recombinant DNA techniques (cloning, DNA mini and maxi prep, bacterial cell culture and subcloning)
- Experience with in vivo study (sc, ip, iv, in, tissue/blood sampling)
- Data analysis software, such as Microsoft Office, GraphPad Prism, Flowjo, Electronic laboratory notebook data recording
- Ability to manage and supervise junior scientists to meet project timelines and teach direct reports assay and trouble shooting skills
- Good communication skills, especially capable of communicating effectively to discuss project progress, interpret and present data with collaborators
- PhD is required in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related life sciences areas with 0-1 year's industry experience or equivalent in academia.
Propel Careers believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.About Propel Careers:
Propel Careers is a life science search and career development firm focused on connecting innovative, entrepreneurial companies with like-minded professionals. We work with organizations in the biotech, medical device, and diagnostics, healthcare IT, boutique consulting, investment banking and venture capital areas. We place individuals into roles in areas including: research, clinical, regulatory, project management, alliance management, business development, finance, and operations. Our mission is to enable the critical human resource connections required to advance the life science industry as a whole as well as the growth and advancement of the companies and individuals we work with. Our expansive industry contacts, knowledge and experience working in the life science industry set us apart from other firms & offerings. Our team brings more than 40 years of collective experience working in a range of life sciences business, including start-ups, venture capital, and commercial organizations. As a result, we are able to act as a hub making critical connections between academic institutions, industry, investors, service providers and talent. To learn more, visit www.propelcareers.com
View your connections at Propel Careers LLC
- Job ID: 62805617
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Position Title:Scientist, cell and molecular biology
- Company Name For Job:Propel Careers LLC
- Job Function:Research
- Job Type:Full-Time
- Job Duration:Indefinite
- Min Education:Ph.D.
- Required Travel:0-10%
Please refer to the company's website or job descriptions to learn more about them.
Scientist Assay Development and Biochemical Screening
Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
15 days ago
Program Manager, Industry Strategy and Investments
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
25 days ago
Program Associate, Industry Strategy and Investments
Broad Institute of MIT &...
Scientist Antibody Discovery
Insert additional messaging here.