Job DescriptionSalary: $50,000-60,000
One Tree Planted is looking to hire an Urban Forestry Project Manager
to manage a growing portfolio of urban forestry projects across the globe and support our Community Forestry team with additional programmatic and administrative duties.
One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
We are looking for an Urban Forestry Project Manager to add to our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate would be based in the United States or Europe, have a Masters's degree in Urban Forestry or another related field of study (or an equivalent 5+ years of relevant experience), and be a self-starter. They would be working with our Urban Forest Specialist as part of our Community Forestry team by sourcing, vetting, and managing urban forestry projects in communities across the globe. RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management: 80%
Community Forestry Support: 20%:
- Support the development and implementation of One Tree Planted's Urban Forestry Program that expands our reach and impact in cities and communities around the world.
- Based on funder interest and One Tree Planted goals, source urban tree planting project opportunities through outreach, which will often include developing new relationships, conducting cold calls, and other methods for identifying and entering into productive conversations with potential planting partners.
- Conduct all vetting requirements for potential projects, which will include: reviewing project proposal submissions, soliciting technical feedback from the Community Forestry team, making revisions with planting partner, and garnering approvals
- Manage projects, which will include: developing planting partner agreements, managing invoices, payments, and other project details in Airtable, Salesforce, and other project management software, and soliciting and managing all follow-up reporting requirements.
- Expand the impact and scope of existing partnerships, and proactively form new partnerships with planting partners that focus on environmental justice and tree equity
- Plant more trees in cities around the world and connect more people to the benefits of trees and urban forests in their communities.
- Provide support for improving processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team and manage organizational risks.
- The Urban Forestry Project Manager will be a part of our growing Community Forestry team, which includes both big-picture, long-term projects as well as employee engagement events and other community-based initiatives. As such, this position will also remain flexible in providing as-needed support for events, community initiatives, or other administrative and programmatic tasks
- Provide guidance on the technical design of events and community initiatives
- Masters degree in Urban Forestry or another related field of study (Forestry; Environmental Studies; etc.) or equivalent 5+ years of work experience
- Project management experience, ideally in the urban forestry field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Proficient with Google Suite, and knowledgeable of platforms such as Salesforce, Airtable, ClickUp, Photoshelter, Zoom, and Canva is a plus
- Flexible under pressure and resourceful. Ability to work independently in a remote office setting while contributing as part of a team balancing multiple priorities
- Collegial personality and team player
- Ideal candidates would be located in the United States or Europe, but applications will be considered from all geographic areas.
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.
- The names and contact information of three references.
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Company DescriptionOne Tree Planted is a non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity and help reforestation efforts around the world.