Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) Program Manager - Water Quality Programs Reports to
: REHS SupervisorPosition to be filled
: June 20, 2022Starting Salary:
: Mon. - Fri., 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Flexible Work Arrangements
: Alternate work schedule or changes in work schedule available after initial training period with approval. Core work hours of 10am to 2pm required of all staff. Remote work from home available up to two days per week with approval after the completion of a minimum of 60 days of employment. Vaccine Policy
: Effective November 1, 2021 all new hires will need to meet COVID and Influenza vaccine requirements or request an exemption as outlined in the CCBH Vaccination Policy. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with science related coursework (i.e., biology, chemistry, geology, and/or environmental health).
- Minimum of three years of experience as Sanitarian.
- Valid State of Ohio Sanitarian registration in accordance with Chapter 4736 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Valid State of Ohio driver's license and insurance at the time of appointment.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills including cultural sensitivity and competence.
- Proficiency with use of PC hardware and basic software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
- Ability to serve as a member of a team and act in the role of team leader.
- Proficiency with use of databases for data querying and reporting.
- Ability to assist in the development of program budgets and monitoring of revenue/expenditures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory standards.
- Effective grant writing methods.
- Performs routine inspections on various premises, within assigned programs to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Provides programmatic guidance to other staff.
- Coordinate services provided to contract communities.
- Investigates complaints to mitigate potential for illness outbreaks and other threats to public health and safety.
- Collects and prepares samples for analysis. Documents results of analysis and prepares reports for submission to appropriate parties.
- Educates operators, community officials and the general public regarding all aspects of environmental public health.
- Assembles and disseminates appropriate public health program information.
- Interacts with community officials to advise of public health related issues and to address contributing concerns.
- Directs the public to local and state educational resources.
- Prepares and maintains records related to inspection activities and compiles data for further processing, for use in preparation of reports, or for enforcement activities.
- Represents CCBH on internal and external committees and participates in CCBH initiatives for program improvement. May be asked to represent CCBH on a state level.
- Assists in the research, establishment, maintenance, improvement and evaluation of environmental health programs.
- Assists in conducting and monitoring essential program functions including budgeting, licensing, cost methodology, etc.
- Assists in the research, application submittal and attainment of grant funding where available for specific programs.
- Assists with management of compliance with grant requirements.
- Participates in public health emergency activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please complete the online application on our website, www.ccbh.net/jobs
All applicants are required to upload a resume and include a cover letter with their application. Deadline to Apply: May 27, 2022Bilingual Applicants Welcome
Employees hired for a position that is funded in whole or in part by a designated funding source may be laid off when the funding source is reduced or eliminated.
THIS AGENCY IS AN EQUAL PROVIDER OF SERVICES AND AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER CIVIL RIGHTS ACT 1964
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
All employees hired for a position must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.