Responsible for performing a variety of laboratory procedures to develop cell-based products, services and standards for life science research.
With guidance from the supervisor, the Biologist will be expected to be able to perform experiments as assigned, maintain detailed records of the scientific experiments, interpret results and suggest experimental plans based on results obtained.
Follow SOPs and generate cell banks while maintaining detailed records.
Perform routine maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for execution of product development related activities in the Advanced Cell Models Team including execution of methods of the culturing, characterization, expansion and cryopreservation of a wide variety of cellular models. Responsibilities includes feasibility testing, development, troubleshooting, and cell bank generation.
• Assisting in the development of robust SOPs for tech transfer of new and/or improved methods to Operations and support of projects through successful tech transfer.
• Develops appropriate application data to support posters at scientific conferences, webinars, website content, IP filings and other needs, as appropriate.
• Reads and understands relevant scientific literature and brings new product development ideas into the pipeline.
• Execute activities efficiently and effectively to meet program timelines and performance requirements in alignment with team and corporate goals.
cell culture, mammallian cell culture, aseptic technique, cell biology, biology, Tissue Cells, cryopreservation, Optimization, batch record, tech transfer, Organoid, Characterization
*Top Skills Details:*
cell culture, mammallian cell culture, aseptic technique, cell biology
*Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
A Bachelor's degree in a science related field plus 2-5 years of relevant experience required or a science related Master's degree plus 0-3 years of relevant experience required. Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture is required. Preferred experience is industry, in a paid position doing Mammalian Cell Culture.
Experience with a variety of cell types (continuous, cancer, primary, stem cells, etc.) is desirable. Experience with three dimensional cell culture techniques is desirable. Prior experience in conducting laboratory research projects is essential. Prior experience in developing commercial products is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and hands-on expertise with cell and tissue culture.
• Preferred candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with cell culture as well as various cell and molecular assays.
• Skills in characterization of cells using a variety of techniques, such as immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, protein and gene expression, and functional
• Ideal candidate with have experience working with advanced cell models such as primary cells, spheroids, induced pluripotent stem cells, or organoids.
• Excellent record keeping skill for scientific work performed.
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and time management skills.
• Seeks, learns, and applies new skills/knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
• Ability to efficiently multi-task and appropriately prioritize projects.
• Strong problem-solving skills to identify, evaluate and correct potential problems early.
• Self-starter, motivated and focused; ability to work independently as well as part of a team effort.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills and presentation skills to communicate clearly.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.