2021-1636# of Openings :
Research & DevelopmentAddress:
10 Wilson RoadOverviewCIVETTA THERAPEUTICSCambridge, MAPrincipal Scientist, Chemical Biology Overview
Civetta Therapeutics (located in Cambridge, MA) is developing novel therapeutics through small molecule targeting of beta-propeller domain proteins. Beta-propellers are a class of highly conserved structural proteins that are implicated in a range of indications, including multiple types of cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases. Backed by Deerfield Management, Civetta was founded by William Sellers (Broad Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute) and Eric Fischer (Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School) with the mission to leverage the wide array of biologic functions in which propeller proteins participate to discover impactful new medicines for patients.
We are building a team of talented, dedicated scientists who share our vision and our passion to discover groundbreaking new drugs to treat some of the most difficult diseases, including cancer. If you are an accomplished life sciences professional that can bring significant energy, passion and expertise to the team, we welcome the opportunity to consider you for a position in this exciting, new company committed to thorough, mechanistically-driven science. The position
We are seeking an accomplished Chemical Biologist to propel our efforts, using chemical probes to explore propeller protein function and deliver new propeller-targeted medicines for patients. This newly created position is highly visible within the organization, and to our scientific leadership team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic biotech environment. ResponsibilitiesKey Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will contribute to world class chemical biology capabilities to enable Civetta's beta-propeller platform to:
- develop protocols, experimentally design, perform and analyze proteomics-based photocrosslinking pulldowns, chemoproteomics to identify molecular targets and pathways as key drivers in disease relevant cell lines.
- perform target engagement techniques to quantify propeller interactions with small molecules in cells.
- study of protein complexes through proximity labeling techniques (BioID, APEX etc..) or immunoprecipitation
- Enable electrophilic and photoreactive fragment discovery.
- The applicant must be able to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams through regular attendance of project team meetings, presentation of their data and contribution to the overall success of the project.
- Establish and manage relations with external collaborations when and as needed.
- Scope and internalize new methods for target identification and mechanistic studies.
- Proteomics sample preparation is a plus.
- D. in chemical biology, biochemistry, proteomics, or related discipline with 7+ years of industry experience or Master's/Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience.
- Experience designing and implementing experiments to enable ligand discovery, target identification and/or target validation using chemical probes, mass spectrometry and related tools.
- Experience with basic biology and biochemistry techniques, such as cell culture, cell lysing, protein extraction, and quantification
- Self-motivated and creative thinker to solve challenging biological and technical problems in a fast-paced dynamic team environment
- Spirit of collaborative research to enable success in a team environment with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively present data within the company and to other stakeholders.
- Experience working with CRO and internal resources to solve problems and drive progress.
- Adept at leading and working effectively within motivated cross-functional scientific teams to deliver project goals within timelines.
Civetta Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies:
Recruitment is managed through Civetta Therapeutics' Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Civetta, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Civetta Therapeutics can submit their information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you if needed.