Novelis - Richmond has an exciting opportunity for an Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist. This position reports to the Plant EHS Leader.
As the EHS Specialist you will be a partner with the Richmond leadship team to uphold our cultural beliefs and help drive our Focused 5. We will provide a detailed training plan to you aiding in your opportunities for success.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today
Responsibilities & Qualifications Responsibilities:
- To provide direct support to the plant EHS Leader and plant staff; investigate, recognize, report, and recommend corrective actions on safety and environmental compliance issues while functioning in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ability to learn, read, understand, and communicate EHS regulatory requirements.
- Assist in performing or assuring that all daily, weekly, monthly, or other periodic EHS inspections are completed as required by local, state, and federal enforceable statutes, permits, or company policy as prescribed either by or company policy.
- Help to compile information and prepare various EHS reports to insure accurate and timely submittal to local, state, and/or federal regulatory agencies to maintain necessary operating permits.
- Develop and/or present EHS training materials to plant employees as required by enforceable statutes or company policy.
- Audit and maintain systems to insure compliance with all applicable environmental programs of facilities.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of environmental compliance (e.g. waste reduction, data collection, record keeping, reporting)
- This role will be responsible for providing support during regulatory compliance inspections. Assisting with escorting inspectors through site operations and responding to inspection inquires. EHS Specialists may also be expected to communicate inspection results to supervisor and site management.
- Assist in the incident investigation for all HS&E incidents: environmental excursions, NOV's, near misses and injuries.
- Provide support to major plant functions in regard to matters of EHS topics
- Coordinate with supervisors and shop floor personnel to engage in daily safety discussions.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field or an Associate Degree with a relevant EHS Professional Certification
- At least 1-3 years of experience in an EHS role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to contribute and participate in a team environment. Ability to accomplish assigned tasks, provide feedback, construct plans, and demonstrates confidence in team leader and member roles.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work in the role.
- Help to recognize and analyze critical issues, identify and assign resources and follow-up to task completion.
Novelis' Richmond, Virginia facility is located just 15 minutes south of the vibrant downtown area. Richmond is best known for its festivals, historic areas, great restaurants, and the James River that flows through the city. The Richmond team provides direct donations and volunteers their time to local organizations and schools including Richmond Public Schools and Habitat for Humanity.