The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers' products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
* Manage all aspects of environmental compliance at the Sylacauga, AL facility.
* Insure that all permits, policies, and procedures are up-to-date and plant personnel understand their impacts on compliance.
* Must be able to accomplish all of the listed Key Tasks and Responsibilities while maintaining a high level of integrity.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage environmental permitting process for Sylacauga to ensure operating permits do not expire; prepare/submit all necessary compliance reports; maintain all records required for compliance demonstration to regulatory agencies; represent IMERYS during environmental regulatory compliance inspections.
* Work with the EHS Manager and Plant Team to implement proactive compliance plans, procedures, programs and training to ensure compliance with environmental permits and applicable regulations.
* Initiate and develop environmental permit applications prior to expiration and respond to regulatory agency follow-up issues or requests for further information.
* Provide technical support to daily environmental operations, waste sampling and characterization for offsite disposal/treatment; implement all required environmental sampling and stack testing; provide regulatory support to air pollution and wastewater treatment operations.
* Reduce the impact on local environment by pollution control, implementing plans for controlling wastes, conservation of flora and fauna, removal of hazardous substances and hydrocarbons, management of water in accordance to the legislated and contractual requirements.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
* Excellent written, communication and technical skills: attention to detail, ability to interact with other employees, outside vendors, regulatory agency people and legal counsel
* Ability to work efficiently with databases, spreadsheets, presentations and word documents.
* Must be able to diligently meet regulatory deadlines.
* Must be effective is in environmental auditing/training.
* Successful US-based candidates must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated before the employment start date unless exempted by applicable law.
* Bachelor's Degree: Environmental Science or Chemical Engineering (Required)
* 10+ years' experience in large facility Title V and Clean Water Act compliance.
* Experience in environmental or related field involving environmental regulatory compliance, interpretation and permitting.
* Environmental certifications such as CHMM or QEP are beneficial but NOT required.
IMERYS... Mineral Solutions to create tomorrow's world. Imerys is a Paris based Global Leader, who transforms minerals into thousands of high valued specialty mineral products essential for our Customers' Products.
IMERYS offers competitive benefits including medical/dental insurance, 401K matching and paid vacation.
Check Imerys out on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jaEhgwzfxk
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP.
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.
IMERYS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.