Our client is looking for a EH&S Specialist in the Mayville, WI area!
Please read through the job desrcription and let me know if this could be a good fit for you! Please apply directly or reach out to me at email@example.com
The Environmental Health, and Safety Specialist will implement and monitor the Company's policies and best practices to ensure a safe and healthy work environment while adhering to all government requirements and Company philosophies while optimizing costs.
Duties and Responsibilities Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
• Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
• Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
• Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
• Serve as an advisor for the First Response/Chemical Spill Teams and other emergency services.
• Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
• Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
• Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
• Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
• Address in a timely fashion all requests to evaluate air quality, illumination standards, respiratory protection, and/or hearing conservation issues in the workplace.
• Review and approve occupational investigations to ensure that all workplaces are free of health hazards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience • Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience: Associates degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required. 2-4 years of related experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records