Our client is an early-stage biotechnology company developing a novel technology platform that can provide safe and persistent control of targeted gene regulation.
- Develops, evaluates, optimizes, and implements new technologies, laboratory protocols, and methodologies for biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Develop, collaborate, and perform the disease relevant assays, and efficacy experiments using relevant cell and animal models.
- Develop and validate DNA constructs.
- Maintain familiarity with the relevant current literature and its application to the indications and therapies.
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning.
- Interpret and effectively execute experiments in line with project timelines and goals.
- Knowledge or prior experience(preferable) using gene editing, RNAi, CRISPRa/i, or CRISPR KO strategies.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job, demonstrate productivity, and deliver high-quality results.
- Exceptional candidates will also possess the following skills:
- Experience with stem cells, immortalized and primary cell cultures such as myoblasts (preferred).
- Experience in PCR/qRT-PCR.
- Experience with immunostaining and image analysis tools like ImageJ.
- Experience in DNA and RNA isolation and purification.
- Experience in molecular cloning (digestion, ligation, gel electrophoresis, transformation, plasmid preparation etc.)
- Experience in lentivirus packaging and transduction.
- Experience with cell sorting using FACS.
- Has strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced startup environment.
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, stem cell or related fields, with 0-2+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia.
*Equity, Bonus Plan, 401K, Excellent Medical Benefits!*
Company DescriptionCompass is a life science recruiting firm that places short to long-term consultants and direct placements at leading edge biotech, pharmaceutical and medical device companies. We have many opportunities across the U.S. and are always looking for great people to fill roles at life-transforming companies. Connect with Compass, we will help you every step of the way.